“Great Hotel with Excellent Team Members”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My sister and I stayed here in early December for 4 nights. We really enjoyed our stay, loved the big rooms and found them very comfortable. Internet is expensive; however I am pleased to see that there is now free internet in the public areas. Breakfast was included in our room rate and as usual the Hilton Breakfast didn’t disappoint. There was lots of choice and we especially loved all the fresh fruit available. The free shuttle bus to Mandela Square was great.

Our main highlight was the team members. From when we first checked in, most were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We would like to mention Justin in the restaurant and Sanjay on the Front Desk, both of whom especially looked after us throughout our stay. The surprize birthday cake and balloons was a very special touch, so thank you to all those involved.

We look forward to staying at the Hilton Sandton again next time we visit South Africa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Mr & Ms AKKLT-GM,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and secondly for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr & Ms AKKLT-GM, we at Hilton Sandton pride ourselves with the breakfast we serve and we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr & Ms AKKLT-GM, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Hilton Sandton delivered with the high standard that we have come to expect from the Hilton brand. Staff at all levels are extremely helpful and professional. We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel with excellent experiences in the restaurant during our visits for breakfasts (very comprehensive offering) and dinner. We will definitely choose the Hilton Sandton on future visits to South Africa.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Mr Adrian D.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr Adrian D, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Two night stay for a meeting.
The meeting ran well overall and the food provided was excellent but the staff had some problems having the set ready for predetermined breaks. This led to a challenge when we had a working lunch and expected attendees to give the buffet a run and head back to the room with a plate of food.
Shuttle buses to shopping and Mandela Place are provided.
The internet issues here are well described on TA - mine was paid for but patchy leading to intermittent email blackouts and difficulty undertaking simply internet transactions. I tried Skype but gave up.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr/Ms Doesnotgetoutmuch,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable and honest feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However it is obvious that we failed to do so in some areas during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your function. Please be assured that your feedback has been addressed with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager in the meantime, as such inconvenience never should have happened in the first place and have to be prevented in the future.

With regards to the internet, I would like to inform, that as of Tuesday this week we are able to offer complementary internet in our public areas, and for our Gold and Diamond members internet is offered complementary for all devises. At the same time we have increased our bandwidth, hence we could improve significantly on speed and quality at the same time.
I truly regret any inconvenience caused to you. However, though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Well located hotel near Sandton City and Mandela Square. Rooms fair size although no views. Breakfast included in rate - good choice of things for breakfast. Staff pleasant but sometimes lacking in knowledge. Free shuttle bus to Madela Square very handy if you don't have a rental car but even if you do then good to use this in the evenings to go to restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gwynnethv

Dear Ms Gwynnethv,

Ms Gwynnethv, thank you for bringing it to our attention the concern of the training level of our team members. We will relook at our training level, especially for our new team members in order to improve on our high service levels to avoid any reoccurrence.

Ms Gwynnethv, we are delighted to see that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had a wonderful stay in Hilton, Sandton. The staff were very helpful and professional. The whole ambience was absolutely pleasant and inviting. I sure will be coming back in future and would recommend it to anyone who is in Gauteng on either business or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Mthunzi R
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Mr Raqa

Mr Raqa, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention how comfortable you felt and the great service you had received from our team member. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Visited and attended two days business conference in this hotel in August 2013. The venue and conference room was quite huge, well maintained and clean with all the required amenities. The conference main stage was good enough to have large panel discussions and joint presentation sessions. The breakfast, lunch and snacks offered was really good. Would recommend business travellers and conference organisers it as a best place to have conferences and expo/exhibition in Jo'burg. It's in Sandton and well connected with all parts of Jo'burg. The hotel staff does arrange a shuttle bus (free service) to drop at your hotel in Sandon. WiFi was provided on a chargeable coupon basis.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr/Ms Amitraa007

Mr/Ms Amitraa007, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received. Iit will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our stay in Johannesburg over the 2013-14 New Year's holiday was enhanced by our stay at the Hilton Sandton. The staff was professional, pleasant and very helpful, and the room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel even provides a free shuttle service to Mandella Square where there is a selection of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Cyndy A
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Ms Cindy A.,

First of all we would like to wish you a prosperous and healthy new year, and secondly I would like to thank you for staying with us over New Years Eve.
Your feedback is truly appreciated, and it was my absolute pleasure to share the same with our team. Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home and as our main aim, being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, it is feedback like yours which make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, and please be assured, that we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Ms Cindy A, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.