“Not a good business hotel, but a great vacation spot”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
Tampa, United States
“Not a good business hotel, but a great vacation spot”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is a great place if you are here on vacation. Other hotels are actually connected to the Sandton City mall area, which makes coming home from dinner easier. For business, if you need internet....go someplace else.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Mr Robert B.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Mr Robert B, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Yours sincerely,

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester,, NH
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel offers smallish but very comfortable rooms. Bath floors quite slippery when wet. Staff is very accommodating, welcoming and prompt to respond to every request. Free shuttle to Mandela Square but the area is quite safe for walkers The business center not well located in a noisy lobby area and web access slow. Breakfast buffet to meet every possible wish.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr/Ms Rochester,

Mr/Mr Rochester, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your open and honest feedback. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile as it continuously helps us to further improve on our service delivery to make our guest feel home away from home.

Dear Mr/Ms Rochester, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Kind regards,

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Staying at this hotel, I definitely expected more!
The service was super slow, there was a mix up with payments although we had email confirmation that all was sorted, they weren't super keen on making you feel welcomed.
The room was ok but for a Hilton, I expect that they think about the smaller things. The soap in the bathroom was really crappy (!!). I wasn't happy paying for their slow internet in my room. Although they had a free shuttle to the shopping area, I would expect a free shuttle to the airport too.
I doubt I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms Nerry_Luvs_Travel,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However, it is obvious by your comments that we failed to do so during your entire stay, and you have my humble apologies. With regards to the internet services, you might be aware that this service is provided by an outside company and we are in the process of finalizing a new contract with a new internet provider, which will include an increasing of our bandwidth and complementary internet in our public area. We currently are expecting the changeover to the providers to be completed end of January 2014.

At the same time I would like to apologize for the services you received with regards to the confusion of payment and that you had to wait such a long time. Please be assured that each of our guest are highly valued, if we have created the wrong impression. Please be assured that this matter has been addressed with the team accordingly.

With regards to the shuttle to the Gautrain and Mandela Square this is run by Hilton Sandton. Most of our guests uses the Gautrain to the OR Tambo International Airport, however your feedback is highly appreciate and we will review your comments accordingly.

Ms Nerry_Luvs_Travel, I truly regret any inconvenience caused to you. Though I am not able to undo the negative impression, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

Yours sincerely

Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hilton Sandton is a convenient business hotel if you have business in this area. staff is very friendly and helpfull. tapiyaki is very good. general restaurant less quality as the year before. the bar has a very friendly host named Albert; he knows what his guests wants

Dear Mr Antonius,

Please note that your feedback with regards to the food in our main restaurant has been taken very seriously and our Executive Chef and his team has been informed about your dissatisfaction and will review our offer and variety accordingly.

Mr Antonius, thank you for bringing to our attention that you enjoyed the Tapinyaki. The next time you will be back at the Hilton Sandton, please note that we offer a course on how to make sushi. Please feel free to contact our Tradewinds Restaurant and make a reservation, which you will really enjoy it.

Mr Antonius, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Yours sincerely

Milan
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hilton is a great hotel: very nice garden with pool, excellent breakfast, staff very helpful, great location in the middle of Sandton just a short walk from Mandela Square.
Unfortunately rooms are very old, some furniture is broken.
The restarurant is quite good.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Mr Perrepo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

Mr Perrepo, thank you for bringing to our attention the condition of our rooms and the furniture. I would like to inform you that two floors have been refurbished about two years ago and the 3rd is planned to be done in 2014.
Please accept our sincere apology for not being able to meet your expectation during your recent stay. I would highly appreciate if you would like to inform me about your future visit to Sandton, as it would be my pleasure to personally take care or your future booking.

Nevertheless, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your open and honest comments. Believe me it is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Yours sincerely,

Switzerland
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for business three times since August and I find it an excellent hotel - except for the Internet connection as mentioned by several other reviewers. In my case, when I had a room at the end of the property it could sometimes be unavailable in the room or drop in and out. I've read the manager's response about the proposed upgrade, the local team also told me that on site, but it is frustrating. However, the service in the exec lounge and restaurants more than makes up for this - it isn't really fair to single people out, but Elliot and Dyson in the lounge do a great job, with a smile and watching Sharon prepare sushi is amazing. Concierge team were also great, sorting out some weekend trips for me. Thanks to everyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ms Zoe W,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at the Hilton Sandton once more, and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

With regards to the internet services, I am glad to be able to inform you that we have started our change over to the new internet provider by now. It will include an increasing of our bandwidth and complementary internet in our public area. We currently are expecting the changeover to be completed end of January 2014. Kindly bear with us a few months longer.

Ms Zoe W, we are delighted to see that otherwiese you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards

Bangalore, India
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I visited Hilton Sandton Johannesburg Holiday Inn (Airport). The experience was good.

I have stayed in various Hotel of Hilton and overall experience in Hilton Sandton was good.

The only challenge is if we can get microwave in room, that would be great.

Regards,
A

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Mr Aman L,

With regards to having a microwave in the room, I would like to inform that due to safety and security reason we do not allow any cooking in our rooms. I trust this finds your understanding.

Mr Aman L, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards,