Stayed at the Hilton Sandton overnight in August 2013, attended a function on site.
Check in was very efficient and staff very helpful. The airport runs a free shuttle service from the nearby Gautrain station which was very good.
My room was however not sound-proofed and cleaning staff outside were exceptionally noisy.
The room was also not fully made up on check in, but it was neat so I did not complain (pillows were not stacked on bed and only one has a pillow casing).
The lady taking room service orders was more interested in other conversations, and got my order partly wrong. the pricing of cold drinks is a scandal.
My other main problem was with the check out queue the next morning, this was unacceptably long and the worst I've experienced in all my travels. The lady at the check out counter was exceptionally rude to another current guest who had just wanted to ask one question (if I were that guest, I would have laid a formal complaint)
The gentleman who finally checked me out gave me the impression that he did not sleep all night --- or perhaps this is the attitude of business in Gauteng these days...
A major disappointment on the whole.
It's a otherwise a beautiful and well-maintained hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandton Hotel Sandton
- Hilton International Sandton
- Sandton Hilton International
- Hilton Sandton Greater Johannesburg