“Spacious and comfortable business hotel”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Sandton for 4 nights on business and found it to be very comfortable. My room was spacious and clean and the staff efficient. I managed to get an hour by the pool one afternoon, but couldn't understand why guests aren't allowed to swim after 6pm.

The free shuttle to Nelson Mandela is very handy, providing access to a good range of restaurant choices.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ConfusionCorner
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms. ConfusionCorner,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, especially that you found our room to be very comfortable, spacious and clean, and that you were satisfied with the efficiency of our team members . Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

With regards to swimming not being allowed after 6pm, I would like to explain, that this is due to our guests own security as the pool is manned until 6pm only. I sincerely hope that this will find your understanding.

Mr/Ms. ConfusionCorner, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our first stay we had a very nice suite with a balcony; however we had no hot water and the coffee maker did not work. We decided to stay in the hotel for dinner. Per the guest information book we called the resturant about 6:30 for reservations. We were told we had to wait nearly an hour but when we went down stairs the resturant was nearly empty. We couldn't get an explanation for the wait. We tried to use the computer in the business center and encountered one of the only rude people we met in all of SA. On our second stay we had a very nice, clean room and we did have hot water. However, when trying to use the computer in the business center to print broading passes we encountered our second rude person in SA. We are Hilton Honor Diamond members, I would not like to see how they treat the people who are not regular Hilton customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr/Ms. L_de_Or,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests' expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

However, at the same time I read with great concern your comments regarding not having hot water and the coffee maker not working, for which I sincerely apologise. Please rest assured that I have addressed this matter with the relevant Department Heads accordingly.

With regards to having to wait for an hour to go down to the restaurant and have dinner due to the information given by the team and encountering two different rude team members at the business centre, due to the seriousness of the matter and the inappropriate service received, I would highly appreciate if you would be able to provide more details to enable us to further investigate the matter, in order to prevent any further reoccurance.

Mr/Ms. L_de_Or, please be assured, we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton on day again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Arrived to be given a room with a leaking toilet and yards from a major interstate/motorway. After the first complaint they moved me to a room which sounds like its next door to some sort of generator and with no drinking water, it then took me over an hour and a trip to the manager to get this most basic commodity sent to my room. If you've any sense stay well clear, first thing in the morning I'm checking out and going over to the Radisson...

That was my last night in a Hilton

Room Tip: Stay well away.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Martin H.,

However I have noted your frustrations of being checked into a room that had a leaking toilet and located yards from a major interstate/motorway, for which you have my humble and sincere apology. It is needless to say that the room should have been checked properly prior your arrival, and with regards to the location of your room, in case travel will bring you back to Sandton one day again and you might change your mind and would like to us again, please do let me know, and we will assign a room for your on the opposite and quite side of the hotel.

With regards to missing mineral water in your room, I would like to inform you that this was due the room type you were booked for, as we do not provide water in all our rooms automatically. However, if you would like to inform us of your next visit to Sandton, we definitely will have the water provided prior your arrival.

Mr. Martin H, once more I would like to convey my profound apologies for not being able to meet your expectations, and we do appreciate the time taken to give us such open feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery. Please be assured that we do place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with us and we all do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton on day again.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the future, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice hotel in Sandton, the upscale business area of Johannesburg. It is about 25 minute ride from OR Tambo International Airport. Overall, the staff is friendly and helpful. Close to Nelson Mandela Square and the Sandton Metro Station, which makes it very easy for travelers arriving at the airport or going to Rosebank and heading to the African Market. I would definitely stay at this hotel for future trips to Joburg.

Room Tip: Higher floors if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms. A D,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly the friendly and helpful staff. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr/Ms. A D, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location, helpful staff. Nice pool area and close to business district and shopping. Clean rooms and good restaurant facilities. I stayed here end of Feb / beginning of March 2013. Can recommend the hotel bars. Rooms overlokking the pool provide a nice backdrop.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Paul_Bucks_UK,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly that you enjoyed our facilities, such as the pool, our clean rooms, restaurant and bar, and our team being helpful. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr. Paul_Bucks_UK, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent on night here on our way home and we found the hotel stack extremely friendly and helpful. We look forward to staying here again. I donot understand the negative comments regarding the conduct of the staff or facilities, we found everything to be outstanding. It is one of the best Hilton's that we have stayed at during our travels.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Frank H
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Frank H,

We are very glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly that you found our team being extremely friendly and very helpful. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr. Frank H, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times. The rooms are very nice and well appointed and equipped. However, having stayed in various rooms (including suites) I must say the shower cubicles in ALL the bathrooms are lacking in a shelf to hold any soaps, toiletries, etc. The only place to put soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. etc. etc. is on a tiny plastic 'thing' attached to the poll of the shower. I would have thought a 5* hotel could do better than this. I have, in fact, pointed this out on the last 3 occasions we stayed there, over a period of 2 years, but still no shelf in the shower!! The staff are delightful and always extremely helpful. The hotel restaurant is very good, and the Teppanyaki Bar, overseen by Chef James, produces historic food - a must if you are staying in the hotel. Our only disappointment was the tempura prawns, which on previous occasions had been delicious, but on our last visit were ordinary batter (not tempura batter) and not very warm. I think on the whole this hotel is expensive for what it offers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. The rooms on the front can be a little noisy for light s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms. Dodynic,

I have noted your comment regarding not having a soap dish in all the rooms you have stayed in over a period of two years. You have my sincere apologies and I do hear your frustration. Hence I am pleased to advise you, that we have started to place corner dishes in our showers and we are looking forward to have this project completed within the next few weeks to come.

On a positive note, I would like to thank you for the feedback regarding our team members being delightful and always extremely helpful, and it was my upmost pleasure to share the same with our teams.

Further, I am pleased to note your satisfaction regarding our restaurants and food offered, however I have noted with concern that the Tempura Prawns were not prepared as they should have been and as previously experienced. Please be assure that your feedback will be shared with both our Executive Chef and Chef James accordingly.

Mr/Ms. Dodynic, I would like to thank you once more for your open and detailed feedback as it is through comments such as yours, that we are able to continuously improve on our services and standards. Please be assured we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future again.