“Outstanding stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Nevada City, California
“Outstanding stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We spent on night here on our way home and we found the hotel stack extremely friendly and helpful. We look forward to staying here again. I donot understand the negative comments regarding the conduct of the staff or facilities, we found everything to be outstanding. It is one of the best Hilton's that we have stayed at during our travels.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Frank H
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Frank H,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are very glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly that you found our team being extremely friendly and very helpful. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr. Frank H, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton or any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times. The rooms are very nice and well appointed and equipped. However, having stayed in various rooms (including suites) I must say the shower cubicles in ALL the bathrooms are lacking in a shelf to hold any soaps, toiletries, etc. The only place to put soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. etc. etc. is on a tiny plastic 'thing' attached to the poll of the shower. I would have thought a 5* hotel could do better than this. I have, in fact, pointed this out on the last 3 occasions we stayed there, over a period of 2 years, but still no shelf in the shower!! The staff are delightful and always extremely helpful. The hotel restaurant is very good, and the Teppanyaki Bar, overseen by Chef James, produces historic food - a must if you are staying in the hotel. Our only disappointment was the tempura prawns, which on previous occasions had been delicious, but on our last visit were ordinary batter (not tempura batter) and not very warm. I think on the whole this hotel is expensive for what it offers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. The rooms on the front can be a little noisy for light s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/Ms. Dodynic,

I have noted your comment regarding not having a soap dish in all the rooms you have stayed in over a period of two years. You have my sincere apologies and I do hear your frustration. Hence I am pleased to advise you, that we have started to place corner dishes in our showers and we are looking forward to have this project completed within the next few weeks to come.

On a positive note, I would like to thank you for the feedback regarding our team members being delightful and always extremely helpful, and it was my upmost pleasure to share the same with our teams.

Further, I am pleased to note your satisfaction regarding our restaurants and food offered, however I have noted with concern that the Tempura Prawns were not prepared as they should have been and as previously experienced. Please be assure that your feedback will be shared with both our Executive Chef and Chef James accordingly.

Mr/Ms. Dodynic, I would like to thank you once more for your open and detailed feedback as it is through comments such as yours, that we are able to continuously improve on our services and standards. Please be assured we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future again.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for business and took option of upgrade to Exec floor- the exec room has fabulous staff and great food - breakfast is the full works and the evening food also very good, well worth the small premium for the upgrade.

The rooms were clean and well furnished - the usual Hilton fare, the staff throughout the hotel excellent, helpful and polite. The gym had free weights, machines plus the usual cardio stuff

The location is very safe and I walked to some local restaurants without any concern or issues.

Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Jo'burg

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms. MQandMK,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, from cleanliness, to our food, as well as our rooms and the gym furnishings, and in particularly the services you received from our team. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr/Ms. MQandMK, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

OHIO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a great stay at the Hilton from the 9th to the 19th of March. Being a Gold member makes a difference. Being on the 6th floor and enjoying the Executive Lounge really made our stay more enjoyable. The service was faultless. Smiles greeted me when I left the hotel and on returning too. I can't think of one thing that I could complain about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms. RSAgirl,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly that you enjoyed our Executive Floor and the services provided by our team. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr/Ms. RSAgirl, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am frequent at this Hilton, being diamond member it is rather natural choice. Especially as location is convenient for Sandton restaurants, though with cold business feeling However, I have to admit that it is getting on my nerves. Maybe I'm just getting picky...

Service is horrible. Every day they bang on my and neighbors doors - before 8am shouting on whole corridor "housekeeping" and then no-one enters. Water is not replaced - so I ended up buying my own.

Lounge should close at 23:00. Theoretically. Already at 21:00 they make you feel obstacle to their duties - things getting hidden, tables covered for breakfast, feel being pushed out. At 22:00 most often already closed.

Managed to misplace my laundry 3 times during 2 previous stays - not bad result.

Rooms are sort of OK,though they keep giving me ones with windows not openable and grand views over next wall or ventilation equipment at first floor roof. Internet cables so short that difficult to connect anything and wireless a hassle.

My friend stayed at B&B in Parktown North - and the room was twice as big, with beautiful view, friendly staff and for half the price (even if I compare to corporate rate). And much nicer area. I sometimes think that should really switch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr/Ms. JakubWarszawa,

However, I have noticed with great concern, that we have failed to do so during your last visits and for which I sincerely apologize. I would like to assure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously and your comments have been shared with all department heads and their teams concerned. In order to have all our rooms cleaned on time, we start checking and cleaning at .8.00 am, however it is needless to say that this should be done without any disturbances of any guest.

With regards to the team members making you feel obstacle with starting their setup for breakfast at 21:00 hrs, and closing the Executive Lounge too early, once more you have my profound apology and the matter has been addressed accordingly to prevent any reoccurrence in the future.

Further to your comments concerning the windows being closed, I would like to explain, that this is due to the safety of our guests, however you are most welcome to sign an indemnity form, which will allow us to open the windows for you. Please let our Front Desk team know during your next visit, and we will be more than happy to assist.

Mr/Ms. JakubWarszawa, you have my profound apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your recent stays, and once more I would like to thank you for taking all your time to give us such detailed and open feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery. Please be assured that we do place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with us and we all do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton on day again.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the future, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist

Starnberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I regularly stay in Hiltons and related brands around the globe and know what to expect. Stayed here for 2 nights. Very friendly and efficient staff. Nice and clean room. Bed a bit hard for my liking. Overall a good experience. Not so happy with the 220 Euro per night rate excluding breakfast. Close to the Sandton railway station so can be reached from JNB by train. Sandton is a fairly nice area itself too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms. Pukkel,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly the cleanliness and the service from our team. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

However, I have noted your comments regarding the bed being a bit hard for your liking for which I sincerely apologize. I would like to explain that the two renovated floors have harder mattresses than the remaining floors, hence if you would like to advise us, when travel brings you back to Sandton, and we will be more than happy to reserve a room for you with softer beds.

Mr/Ms. Pukkel, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton one day again.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good service, good rooms. Hilton is good choice if you are doing business in Sandton. Only thing I didn't like was I'd have to call housekeeping every day for bottled water. I do not want my towels and soaps replaced every day (go green), but they would! Other than this, cheerful staff, good service, no hassles stay. Breakfast spread is more on the functional side, but offers good choices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms. Shobhit-mathur-bir

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly your comments regarding our breakfast and our cheerful team members. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

At the same time I would like to apologies for the constant replacement of towels and soap, however we have addressed the matter with our Housekeeping team as “going green” is as well our philosophy which is practiced and lived across the brand and company.

Mr. Mathur, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.