“Great stay at the Hilton”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a great stay at the Hilton from the 9th to the 19th of March. Being a Gold member makes a difference. Being on the 6th floor and enjoying the Executive Lounge really made our stay more enjoyable. The service was faultless. Smiles greeted me when I left the hotel and on returning too. I can't think of one thing that I could complain about.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms. RSAgirl,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly that you enjoyed our Executive Floor and the services provided by our team. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr/Ms. RSAgirl, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am frequent at this Hilton, being diamond member it is rather natural choice. Especially as location is convenient for Sandton restaurants, though with cold business feeling However, I have to admit that it is getting on my nerves. Maybe I'm just getting picky...

Service is horrible. Every day they bang on my and neighbors doors - before 8am shouting on whole corridor "housekeeping" and then no-one enters. Water is not replaced - so I ended up buying my own.

Lounge should close at 23:00. Theoretically. Already at 21:00 they make you feel obstacle to their duties - things getting hidden, tables covered for breakfast, feel being pushed out. At 22:00 most often already closed.

Managed to misplace my laundry 3 times during 2 previous stays - not bad result.

Rooms are sort of OK,though they keep giving me ones with windows not openable and grand views over next wall or ventilation equipment at first floor roof. Internet cables so short that difficult to connect anything and wireless a hassle.

My friend stayed at B&B in Parktown North - and the room was twice as big, with beautiful view, friendly staff and for half the price (even if I compare to corporate rate). And much nicer area. I sometimes think that should really switch.

Dear Mr/Ms. JakubWarszawa,

However, I have noticed with great concern, that we have failed to do so during your last visits and for which I sincerely apologize. I would like to assure you that we have taken your feedback very seriously and your comments have been shared with all department heads and their teams concerned. In order to have all our rooms cleaned on time, we start checking and cleaning at .8.00 am, however it is needless to say that this should be done without any disturbances of any guest.

With regards to the team members making you feel obstacle with starting their setup for breakfast at 21:00 hrs, and closing the Executive Lounge too early, once more you have my profound apology and the matter has been addressed accordingly to prevent any reoccurrence in the future.

Further to your comments concerning the windows being closed, I would like to explain, that this is due to the safety of our guests, however you are most welcome to sign an indemnity form, which will allow us to open the windows for you. Please let our Front Desk team know during your next visit, and we will be more than happy to assist.

Mr/Ms. JakubWarszawa, you have my profound apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your recent stays, and once more I would like to thank you for taking all your time to give us such detailed and open feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery. Please be assured that we do place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with us and we all do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton on day again.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the future, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I regularly stay in Hiltons and related brands around the globe and know what to expect. Stayed here for 2 nights. Very friendly and efficient staff. Nice and clean room. Bed a bit hard for my liking. Overall a good experience. Not so happy with the 220 Euro per night rate excluding breakfast. Close to the Sandton railway station so can be reached from JNB by train. Sandton is a fairly nice area itself too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr/Ms. Pukkel,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly the cleanliness and the service from our team. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

However, I have noted your comments regarding the bed being a bit hard for your liking for which I sincerely apologize. I would like to explain that the two renovated floors have harder mattresses than the remaining floors, hence if you would like to advise us, when travel brings you back to Sandton, and we will be more than happy to reserve a room for you with softer beds.

Mr/Ms. Pukkel, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton one day again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good service, good rooms. Hilton is good choice if you are doing business in Sandton. Only thing I didn't like was I'd have to call housekeeping every day for bottled water. I do not want my towels and soaps replaced every day (go green), but they would! Other than this, cheerful staff, good service, no hassles stay. Breakfast spread is more on the functional side, but offers good choices.

Dear Mr/Ms. Shobhit-mathur-bir

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly your comments regarding our breakfast and our cheerful team members. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

At the same time I would like to apologies for the constant replacement of towels and soap, however we have addressed the matter with our Housekeeping team as “going green” is as well our philosophy which is practiced and lived across the brand and company.

Mr. Mathur, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton for business purposes. The property is located in a very affluent suburb of Jo'burg and while the location is very convenient, approximately 10 mns by shuttle from Mandela Square, the property needs a little bit of sprucing up. The common areas and the rooms look very dated. The property offers limited food choices and the gym has very old equipment. The pool area and bars also look like they have not been cared for much. Staff was courteous and overall responsive. Unfortunately, i do not recall anything from my stay that would make me go back to the property again should my travels take me back to the area.

Room Tip: Not rooms on the first floor which is what I got. they either face a roof or the street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms. Saadb,

Hilton has always take n pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

Indeed Hilton Sandton is in the hub of Sandton, however I have noted your dissatisfaction of the common areas and bed rooms looking dated. I am pleased to advise you that we are currently planning to refurbish our public areas and hopefully one more guest floor this year, and our gym and pool area is planned to be renovated in the next few years to come as well.

On a positive note, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our team being courteous and overall responsive.

Mr/Ms. Saadb, you have my profound apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your recent stay, however I would like to thank you once more for taking your time to give us such detailed and open feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service delivery.

Please be assured, that we all will always looking forward to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

thoroughly impressed with the front desk staff (friendly, quick and efficient) as well as the overall size of my room, room decor and fittings = slick and trendy.

the buffet breakfast was also a great surprise in terms of the variety of breakfast options.

The Hilton, Sandton without question maintains a high standard of excellence as we would expect from The Hilton group.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Brad_Capetown,

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us, particularly with the friendliness, quick and efficient Front Desk team, the size of our room and décor, fitness facility and the buffet breakfast. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

I would also like to thank you for the compliments of our high standards we give to our guests.

Mr. Brad_Capetown, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Heidi Kleine-Moeller
Director of Operation

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to our momentum convention for WorldVentures at the Hilton Sandton this last weekend the service was 5 star i tell you ..The staff were very helpful very friendly I'm always in Johannesburg this is going to be the Hotel we always stay at loved it the food was fresh and tasty as well

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Ms. Annie211269,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your visit, and I would like to thank you for your kind comments made regarding the helpfulness and friendliness of our team and the quality of our food. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Ms. Annie211269, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton one day again.