“nice,good located hotel”

Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Israel
“nice,good located hotel”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

the hotel stands up to the "HILTON" standards.
rooms are nice and comfortable.
located not far from sandton's Mandela square that offers lots of shopping and resturants.
the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and from the square.
pool is fantastic.
gym is just OK.
internet conection is a bit slow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mr/Ms. Skoobeedoo,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton has always taken pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests expectations.

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us and our facilities. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Further to your feedback regarding the internet connection being slow, please rest assured that I have shared your concerns with our service provider accordingly and the problem has been resoved in the meantime.

Mr/Ms. Skoobeedoo, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, India
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Hilton is located not far away from Sandton City and has complimentary shuttle. Breakfast has vastly improved over couple of years. Feels pretty old hotel, customer service is yet to be improved and please be aware that Internet is policed.

So... your youtube and skype calls wont work. Hot water takes 3-4 minutes to get running, parking meters and other facilities fail intermittently.

Some of the staff are very very helpful but otherwise customer service is avg.

If you want a true 5 star experience, you should probably look @ Intercontinental

The big reason for me staying at this hotel is Hhonors and SPG does have any hotels in Johannesburg. Since I have a corporate rate, I would give 4 stars in terms of value for money but otherwise I would give 3 stars in terms of value for money.

Room Tip: Do remember that some of the twin rooms share a common door with other room. Prefer a king room away...
1 Thank RanjitKodali
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Mr. RanjitKodali,

With regards to the internet, kindly be advised that Skype and Youtube require quite some bandwidth, which might have slowed down your internet connection, for which I sincerely apologize.

Further to your concerns regarding the customer service, I would highly appreciate if you could elaborate more in detail. We do take our guests feedback very seriously, hence I would appreciate if you could give us the chance to improve further on our services to enable us to meet your expectations in the future.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our improved breakfast and your kind comments about our team members, please be assures that all your feedback was shared with our team accordingly.

Mr. RanjitKodali, we do place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and we all look forward to welcoming you back as one of our most loyal guest very soon again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any time again.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations
London
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hilton has been recently a declining brand with many existing properties hardly reaching 3 or 4 stars. This Hilton however still has a bit of the old day Hiltons in it. It is not perfect and definitely not a 5 star but nevertheless worth a 4 star in European levels. Rooms are very nice, property in a good shape, staff are relatively good. You do have a few small things here and there (bed was a bit noisy, hot water took 4-5 minutes to flow in shower) but is a good hotel in general. The location is perfect and I have to say that for the price I got my room for I could not have more than a 3 star in Sandton, so for that it is a brilliant value. Go for it if you get a good rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Mr/Ms. Magellan16.

Please accept my sincere apology that your bed was a bit noisy and the hot water taking 4-5 minutes to run. If you could kindly advise us in which room you were staying in, we will have
resolved the matter immediately.

Overall we are very pleased to read, that you had an overall pleasant stay and your were very satisfied with your experience.

Mr/Ms. Magellan16, please ber assured we do place great value on your continuous patronage with Hilton and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please contact me at any given time.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel was great
Rooms are beautiful and comfortable.
Rich and tasty breakfast.
very good shuttle service.

The hotel was great
Rooms are beautiful and comfortable.
Rich and tasty breakfast.
very good shuttle service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/Ms. Oferkaspi,

We are glad to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile and it was our upmost pleasure to share your kind comments with the team.

Mr/Ms. Oferkaspi, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton and any of our Hilton Worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I checked in last Oct 13, 2012 at 11:30 am and was told by the front desk that my hotel room is not yet available. I went on a city tour and came back very tired at the hotel at around 7:00 p.m. since I was on an early morning flight, which required me to get up at 3:15a.m. The front desk promptly gave me a key to my hotel room. However, when I got to my hotel room, I noted that it has not been cleaned. There were personal items from the previous room occupant that were still in the room, e.g. a pair of slippers, bottles of personal toiletries in the rest room, personal items in the closet, etc. I was given another room after about 15 minutes of waiting but in the new room I found other issues with the television and the internet connection. I had to call customer service to resolve the issues that I encountered. The person manning customer service who took my calls did not even sound apologetic. I requested to speak to the hotel manager and after about 30 minutes someone with a cheerful voice called me asking me if there is anything she could do to help. I enumerated to her the number of issues that I encountered in the hotel from the time I checked in and although she asked for an apology for the inconvenience that I had experienced, I felt that the apology she offered was not commensurate to the aggravation that I experienced. For me, Hilton Sandton's customer recovery procedure is very inferior compared to other 5 star hotels. Never again will I stay at the Hilton Sandton. There are many more hotels in the area that deserve my business.

Room Tip: Avoid the Hilton Sandton at all cost. Take your business to a hotel that would appreciate your busi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I noticed with great concern your various comments of being checked into room with items from a previous guest, having to wait for another 15 minutes for the next room to be available, and only to find the television and internet in the new room not working properly.

Dear Guest, you have my sincere apologies for all inconveniences caused, particularly as all of the above never should have happened in the first place. Please rest assured that all departments involved have been informed immediately and corrective measures have been taken in the meantime to prevent any reoccurrences.
When it comes to the attitude of the manager, who called you the same evening, not sounding too apologetic, you have indeed my apology if she might not have come across as expected by you, however I can assure you that it was only her best attend to listen to your situation and attentively assist where ever possible. Therefore I sincerely hope you enjoyed the amenity send to you and you had a nice evening whilst enjoying the complementary dinner offered by her.

Dear guest, I do understand your frustration and disappointment, however I can assure you, all your feedback has been taken very seriously and has been shared with our management and our teams. Therefore I would like to thank you once more for taking the time to your detailed and open feedback, it is only through comments such as yours that we continuously are able to improve our standards and service delivery.

We do place great value on your custom, and your patronage and therefore please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton any time in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you during the reminder of your stay, please do contact me at any given time.

Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We only spent one night here on our arrival in South Africa. We stayed using points. The hotel was roughly a 20-25 minute drive from the airport. On a Saturday night we did not encounter any traffic. We had prearranged transportation through our travel agency which made things easy upon arrival after a very long flight from the US.

We were given room 136. It was clean with warm decorations. We did not notice any signs of wear or deterioration as mentioned in some previous reviews. We took a walk outside to admire the pool area, which gave the feeling of being in a tropical locale. We used the gym, very spacious and modern with cardio, weight machines and free weights. We called the front desk to request wi-fi and they gave us 24 hour complimentary access.

After 19 hours in the air, we were looking forward to enjoying a nice meal. Initially, we were going to opt for hibachi and sushi but after seeing their buffet, changed our minds. It was EXCELLENT! There were so many items to choose from and each was well prepared and delicious. The service was great with the smiling staff, asking how long we were in town, how we were, all very nice.

The Hilton Johannesburg was a nice start to our two-week vacation. We are glad we chose to stay here and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Johannesburg/Sandton area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr/Ms. Ifisgd746,

First of all, thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

Secondly, I hope your journey just continued the same way as it started in Johannesburg and in the meantime you arrived safely back home again.

We are very glad indeed to note your overall satisfaction during your recent stay with us and that all your expectations were met. It was our upmost pleasure to share your very kind comments with all our team members and management, believe me, it is ratings such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr/Ms. Ifisgd746, we do place great value on your custom, and your continued patronage with us and please rest assured that we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton one day again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do contact me at any given time

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is old but overall nice. It is in a very convenient place in Sandton. The rooms are big and clean. The breakfast is ok and the food is delicious in the a la carte restaurant. I suggest you try beef - of cource, you are in South Africa! When I first checked in, my room was not ready but they made it ready in a short period of time and welcomed me with soft drinks. The only major problem the hotel has is the concierge, unfortunately they are not capable of understanding and doing what you have told them and I have been left in very difficult situations where the bus should come and take me but did not and I was left alone in the middle of the night in Jo'burg! They took my e-mail and promised to come back to me but of course, no one came back that is why I think they are not different than any other average hotels.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonnairobi, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Mr/Ms, Nkocak,

Indeed the hotel is 15 years old however I am pleased to see that you were overall satisfied with your spacious clean room and the quality of food in the restaurant.

I am delighted to see that your overall satisfied with your arrival, despite the fact that you had to wait a short while in the morning. To avoid any inconvenience in case of an early check in, we advise pre-registering from the night before as our official check in time is 14:00. I'm sure you can appreciate that as the vast majority of international flights arrive in Johannesburg early in the morning and depart in the evening.

Further to the service received from our concierge desk, I would highly appreciate if you could share further details with us, in order to be able to investigate this matter further. and to be put meassures into place to prevent a future reoccurrence.

I would like to thank you once more for taking the time to give us your detailed and open feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to continuoulsy improve our standards and service delivery.

Mr/Ms, Nkocak, we place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.