I've been staying at this hotel once or twice a month for the past 14 years, and they've exceeded expectations 95% of the time.
The hotel has comfortable and well-appointed suites outside of the main hotel, equipped with a little kitchenette corner, including fridge, microwave, plates, glasses, cutlery, toaster, kettle and sink - perfect for those longer stays when you want something more homemade from the Woolies across the road. And you can park right outside your room! Do try the breakfast though, the chef, Rob Brown, gets lots of satisfaction from feeding you satisfying meals.
Tip - make sure you ask for a room that gets wifi.
The hotel has recently had a soft refurb, so everything feels nice and new, and has just added a small gym.
Make some time to enjoy the pool area for cocktails after work, the gardens are extensive and well- kept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everyone from sportsmen to business travelers is attracted to the Southern Sun Katherine Street Hotel in Sandton for its elegance, proximity to Sandton's attractions and welcoming atmosphere. Executive suites have their own kitchenette and dining area, perfect for the traveler staying a bit longer to truly explore the city. The intimate conference facilities are ideal for private business meetings and the restaurant and bar offer a relaxing place to unwind after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, South African Hotels and Travelocity so you can book your Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton Hotel Sandton
- Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton Greater Johannesburg