I am so embarrassed to think this hotel is in South Africa. I am also gob smacked that this a Southern Sun hotel.
Arrived to chaos, people waiting at desk, only to find out that they needed to wait to get into their rooms as there were no electronic keys available.
I sat down uninvited at the reception desk as no one called me forward because staff were more concerned about the previous guest.
Nothing frustrates me more than not being made to feel welcome. The key saga continued and I had to be shown to my room and let in. This meant walking around outside in the cold trying to find the room. No key and according to the front desk it should come tomorrow.
The room is okay, as is the location but this is a hotel that charges R1500 a night and this is unacceptable. Never again and I am trying to organize another hotel as I write this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everyone from sportsmen to business travelers is attracted to the Southern Sun Katherine Street Hotel in Sandton for its elegance, proximity to Sandton's attractions and welcoming atmosphere. Executive suites have their own kitchenette and dining area, perfect for the traveler staying a bit longer to truly explore the city. The intimate conference facilities are ideal for private business meetings and the restaurant and bar offer a relaxing place to unwind after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton Hotel Sandton
- Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton Greater Johannesburg