All reviewssouthern sunkelsey's restauranthome away from homeatholl squaremini kitchena nice place to staybreakfast and dinneran excellent hotelshuttle servicesandton citymain buildingtsogo sunthe hotel staffsouth africahotel roombusiness tripfree shuttle
Reviewed December 20, 2011

The food in this hotel was excellent, worthy of a 5 star hotel. Rob, the Owner's attendance to detail was exceptional. We were made to feel like VIP's by him and the restaurant staff. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in 40 years of staying in hotels. The reception staff were also very friendly and attentative and courtesy buses, late check outs etc were no issue to them at all.

Pool needed a bit of attention as a tad dirty. Air conditioning struggled a little bit but in fairness it was 30c+ outside. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars to this hotel with no hesitation. These were however minor irritants which were amply compensated for by all the excellent service & food.

Thanks you for a lovely stay. I would defintiedly stay again.

Room Tip: The garden rooms looked very nice
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2011

On arrival there was no record of our reservation, even though we booked 4 months in advance.

Room was tired and had not been refurbished for many years. View out of window of some sort of car hire/repair yard.

A/C did not work and the room was very hot and we could not open window as on ground floor and did not feel safe enough during the night and during the day there was some sort of mechanical thumping we could not explain (pile driving or a pump?). I did ask at reception if they had any fans, but no.

After a long flight from UK and a very hot sleepless night we left and treated ourselves to a stay at The Westcliff in Rosebank (which is excellent).

I certainly would not recommed this hotel and certainly would not stay there again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PeterGD
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Not too bad a location but not great - better to stay near to Nelson Mandela Square. Some problems that would make me not come back. No air conditioning and three days of complaints resulted in someone coming up and saying all was well but a/c still didn't work and they said it was too full to move us. Plus we took the key cards for re-keying at least 7 times in three days. Not a place I would choose again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Enjoyed the stay though it was quite a distance from my office. Good business hotel with a great restaurant. I am vegetarian and the chef was very nice to cook me a good Indian dinner (esp when not on the menu). They had taken the extra effort to please me, speaks really good of them. Concierge organised for the transport and the stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have been to this hotel like 7 times and each time they are very welcoming,its nice ,the rooms a great though i did notice a bit of wear and tear around that i had not seen in previous years but i would still definately stay agin at the same place

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family