“Great food and vibrant atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bukhara Sandton

Bukhara Sandton
Ranked #29 of 208 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great food and vibrant atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

As I was craving for Indian food on my recent South Africa trip, chose this place for dinner. I must say that I was not disappointed at all. The restaurant is relatively large with over 50-60 tables and was fairly crowded during mid week. Had chicken curry with roti and saffron rice.Portion size was meant for two, so couldn't finish it, although it was quite tasty. Service was prompt. Overall a good restaurant in Sandton, although not associated with famous Bukhara of Maurya, Delhi

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Good service by trevor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

On the 1st of may I had a dinner in bukhara with my freinds from over seas. On arrival we were welcomed mby the manager at the door of which it was so profational. He gave us a table and the waiter who then introduced himself as trevor came to the table. When he started briefing us about the contents of his menu I could see his proffessionalsm which made me to gain trust in him. He then suggested some starters to share, with no doubt we agreed food came in time.same thing to main. This waiter was so outstanding, always alert, good smile when it comes to product knowledge he was excellent. He made our dinner do be one of best nights

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Average food and ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

For it's location and setting out could have been quite good. However average food, prices on the higher side. E.g. lamb vindaloo was full of red chillies and quite tasteless.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Interesting combinations of flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Let me start by saying that I really enjoyed my meal and the food was fresh and of good quality, but none of the dishes were quite as I had expected them to be. For someone used to the "Indian cuisine" of England, I found the flavours at Bukhara a little less subtle than back home and not as well balanced, but nonetheless enjoyable.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“BUKHARA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Pricey and the night I visited, the service and food were terrible. I didn't go back again but would give it another try as maybe they were having an off night...Difficult to judge based on one visit.