“Convenient ....”
Review of The Capital Villa

The Capital Villa
Ranked #17 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Sandton
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here with some friends from University for our reunion and for what we came for , it was quite convenient. It gave us a chance to relive our boyhood days and be close to all the major talking points within Sandton. It is actually a really nice place and the apartment is fairly modern.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lu N
There are newer reviews for The Capital Villa

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I just walked into the place to find a room because I had struggled with their webpage while trying to book online.I booked the place for convenience: a short walk to my doctor, to Sandton City Mall and to the train station. Otherwise, the apartment is too big for one person.

The place was nicely furnished and very clean. Had complimentary internet which worked well. Staff was also pleasant. My only problem was that the gates close at 7pm and open at 7am the next day. I checked myself out and just dropped the keys into a box at the front door.

I'd recommend booking for a few days to enjoy it better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kutloano L
Tabile M, General Manager at The Capital Villa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing the EAH group.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Executive Apartments. VEA Team strives to excel and to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable and most enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

When we booked our stay we requested and reconfirmed with the hotel that one room must have 2 single beds. Upon arriving at the establishment, we found that Reception was closed (5pm) and the keys were left at Security. After entering our room we noticed that the requested single beds were not made, we then tried numerous times to reach the representative of the hotel, and only after two hours was the issue temporary resolved.
The Hotel provided no assistance with our luggage, and this is not disable or elderly friendly as I had to carry my own luggage up three flights of stairs to my room.
The bathroom was dirty with stains on the toilet seats, and only two towels were placed in the apartment that was booked for four persons. Only one bathroom had amenities (1 shampoo, 1 conditioner and 1 soap).
The Following day, after the room was serviced we noticed that the towels were not changed and no amenities and toilet paper were replaced. After consulting the Hotel Management on this issue – General Manger Mrs Tabile Mag, she very bluntly stated that these amenities are only placed for the first night of your stay, and that if you need to replace them, then it must be purchased from her.
Management further told me that the Hotel was not in need of my business and was not concerned of any negative reviews on Trip Advisor or Agoda. I then checked out early of this Hotel and found alternative accommodation where I was more than happy for the rest of my stay in Johannesburg.
In short, the arrogant and unprofessional attitude of the Management of the EAH Villa was not in par with the service of the other EAH Hotels and such has tarnished the once upmarket reputation of this group of Hotels.
Please avoid staying at this Hotel, as Management needs to be educated regarding customer service and satisfaction.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Tabile M, General Manager at The Capital Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Dr Mohammed,

Thank you for the sending us a review.

I wish to remind you about what really happened during your stay at VEA. On the first night you were offered a One Bedroom Apartment and a Two Bedroom Apartment for a price of 1 apartment. This was because you needed 2 single beds in the guest bedroom and unfortunately, the single beds were not available at the time of your check-in as you checked-in after hours.

The next morning, you were offered complementary breakfast to apologize for the inconvenience. During the course of the second day, all your requests were attended to. However, on the third day you call the front office manager to inform her that the amenities were not replenished a night before. While she was talking to you, you hung up. She realized that you were not too happy and immediately informed me. I promptly went to your apartment with the housekeeper to humble ourselves and to see how we can make your stay convenient. Firstly you did not allow us to enter your apartment. Secondly, you would not listen to me and the housekeeper as we were trying to apologise and to get to understand your frustration. Thirdly, you made it very clear that you wanted a full refund for accommodation. You then asked to be checked out when we could not allow a full refund. You also threatened to write about us on the news papers and on Tripadvisor. While we were talking at front office, you recorded everything with your phone.

As explained to Agoda, we really would like to have you back to our establishments and we trust that your stay will be convenient, comfortable and memorable.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived in Sandton without having a booking and the folks here at VAE were excellent. We stayed for 4 nights and loved the apartment we stayed in. It was much better than staying in a small hotel room. Very close to everything in Sandton. Thanks for a really nice stay!

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel offers the minimum, to make you feel comfortable. Unfortunately the service stops at 7pm. The apartments are large and minimally equipped. The beds are comfortable. The Internet is extremely slow. There's no elevator, fortunately the security guard help us with our bags. I'm glad we didn't have to haul our grocery. It well located and a god option for long term traveller. But over price for what they are offering.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed my apartment whilst in Sandton last week.
The staff knowing their guests and actively supporting every request.
Breakfast in the lounge simple but good for a fast traveller and wifi access free to a certain limit.
I felt secure and cared for. On my last day when checking out of my room and picking up luggage at the end of the day, I was offered to use the room nearby reception for shower and a rest.
Would recommend to take a room in buildings B-E if you don;t want to directly face Rivonia road.

Keep in mind that the reception closes between 7pm- 7am, so arrange for everything outside those hours.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed in these apartments for 2 weeks. The cleaning lady was very friendly and did a great job at keeping everything tidy. The apartment was big, location was close to work, having your own kitchen is nice and the beds were very good.

There was however, not one day where we enjoyed privacy. There were random people walking trough our apartments garden, even some children looking trough our bedroom window and very poor service from the staff. The receptionist was very rude and unwilling to assist. DsTV wasn't working as it should, nobody came to fix that. The apartments were not soundproof and it was very noisy. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If you like your privacy, make sure you do not get apartment A2. everybody used it as a quick way to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business