“Attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #5 of 211 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: True to its name, the Piccolo Mondo really is “a world in one”, combined with superb food, excellent wine and a sophisticated ambience. The Piccolo Mondo instantly turns your visit into a distinctive culinary experience.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week in this magnificent restaurant, which overlooks the Nelson Mandela Square.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were fortunate to have the experience of dining at Michelangelos Piccolo Mondo restaurant. The staff were very attentive and made us feel most welcome. We had a delicious meal and my husband says the Lamb Duo was the best lamb he has ever eaten. It would be a good addition to the menu, I feel, if they had a really interesting vegetarian option for the mains. As it was I had the pasta without the ham which was very tasty indeed. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with the chef paying a personal visit to our table so that my husband could compliment him on the lamb.

• Visited March 2014
Dear amandaindexing
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor, we truly value your feedback.
I am thrilled to hear that you were so well looked after, and the Chef and his team thank you for your positive comments on the Lamb Duo, this is indeed 1 of our signature dishes we are glad to hear that the 12 hour braising time is paying off.
I trust now that you know where we are we will see you more often, thanks for your support.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to the restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised at the good food and excellent service received. The menu caters to all tastes. The food prices are competitive and the food excellent. Drink prices are a little excessive but bear in mind the restaurant is in an upmarket hotel.

Visited March 2014
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Jonny6001
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, our team here at Piccolo Mondo work hard to exceed the expectations of all our patrons so thank you for your positive feedback.
The Chefs and our team are really motivated and encouraged by such positive reviews.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
“Piccolo mondo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service amazing food was very impressed overall with the treatment and hospitality. We will definitely be back again in the future. We will suggest it to anyone and bring family and friends.
The ambiance and atmosphere is very welcoming overall

Dear Lara H
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, my team and I value your feedback.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience with us; my staff and I are always very motivated to hear such positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,
Jo'burg
“Tasty food & good service - lovely evening out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were here for a birthday celebration. We had a voucher for the dinner & were given their set menu for this, but I didn't like the small choice of meals, so asked for the normal menu to choose from with the wider selection & which they happily obliged ;) The service was very good & the food delicious. I didn't expect the "Happy Birthday" platter which was all decorated so that was a lovely surprise. For locals it's probably highly priced but then they no doubt cater mostly for international customers - not one that we'd be able to go to too often. Their wine prices are way over the top for me. The staff & managers were all great the whole time we were there. A lovely evening out!

• Visited March 2014
Dear Butterflywings77
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, my staff and I value your feedback.
I’m happy that we made your birthday celebration a special one, that’s what we here for!! Thank you for your very positive comments on our food and service this is always very motivating for our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards
Johannesburg, South Africa
“High Tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We go for high tea about once a month, but havent had the opportunity to go this year. We decided to go last Sunday, and after viewing the website (as usual), it stated that high tea would be served in Il Ritovo (as usual), and the Lindt one too, so i phoned and booked. Upon our arrival, they hadnt made the booking, they then proceeded to seat us at the other restuarant and explained that it was the "new" high tea. We were VERY shocked at the variety of food, it was exactly half of what we normally get a Il Ritovo and the selection was soooo boring. I will not be going back there for high tea, as it was normally a special treat for my family.

TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear AngieFouche
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our high tea offering here at The Michelangelo.
The content of our web site will be revised, so thank you for pointing out that it was miss leading, please allow me to clarify our high tea offering:
We serve high tea 7 days a week, during the week our high tea is plated in the Il Ritrovo, and bookings are essential. Over the weekend we serve our now famous Lindt Chocolate High Tea in either the Il Ritrovo lounge or the Piccolo Mondo restaurant and often in both outlets due to both venues being fully booked. Regardless of the location of our high tea buffets, the selection remains the same.
So yes, this should’ve been better explained to you when you made your reservation, so please except my apologies for this miss communication this matter will be addressed with the relevant staff.
Our Chef and his team work hard to maintain and constantly evolve our high tea offering, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations, your feedback has been addressed with him, we pride ourselves as being a premier high tea destination in Johannesburg.
I hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.