“Average food and good service”
Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #6 of 225 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: True to its name, the Piccolo Mondo really is “a world in one”, combined with superb food, excellent wine and a sophisticated ambience. The Piccolo Mondo instantly turns your visit into a distinctive culinary experience.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week in this magnificent restaurant, which overlooks the Nelson Mandela Square.
Denver, Colorado
“Average food and good service”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I dined here for breakfast and for a catered lunch meeting. The food was solidly average but the service was really pleasant and attentive.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cycloneusa
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Cycloneusa

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor as always we value all our patrons feedback, I am truely sorry that you did not enjoy the food, the Chef and his team have noted your comments and will investigate all the possible reasons for this.

Thank you very much for the postive comment on our service team we are always very motivated and encouraged by such positive feedback.

Safe Travels

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
“Tasty meal in nice area”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Piccolo Mondo is a lovely restaurant in Nelson Mandela Square, one of the top areas in town.

We tried several starters and main courses and my choices were excellent. I recommend the risotto with prawns, a good sized hot starter. Super tasty and fresh.

Then I had the tuna three ways which was excellent and very well presented.

My colleagues had pappardelle with mushrooms, the fish of the day and carpaccio among others and all loved their choices.

We had rose champagne and ended the meal with the typical springbok drink. I must say I don't like the ingredients per se but loved it there! And it was so nicely presented!

Reasonable prices, great service. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear LadyinRome

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we welcome all feedback and when it is as postive as yours it is really encouraging to my team and I.

The dishes you mentioned are our Chefs signature dishes so we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed them so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Piccolo Mondo very soon.

Safe travels

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Stunning restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Piccolo Mondo is really one of Johannesburg's top restaurants. Personally run by the owner, who treats you as if you are the best client he has ever had.
It's food, especially seafood, is superb and the service outstanding.
It is pricey but definitely worth the visit.

Visited June 2013
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Clive V

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your very positive review on Trip Advisor myself and the team here are really motivated and pleased that you had a great experience at
Piccolo Mondo.

Now that you have experienced what we are all about, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards

Cymru
“Very good meal at the Piccolo Mondo.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A very decent meal enjoyed here recently on a Saturday evening with work colleagues. Not your conventional Italian, but some fine meals on offer and I enjoyed some great lamb, accompanying red wine and to finish the best Crème brûlée I’ve ever tried – presented with some dramatic effect!
Very reasonably priced considering the quality of food served. Excellent service and the chef coming out at the end to greet diners and check that everything satisfactory a very nice touch.
If I was being critical, I’d suggest that the environment could perhaps have been a little more inviting (some background music maybe?). However, all in all a great experience and highly recommended if you’re in the Sandton area.

• Visited August 2013
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear AlWilbury

Thank you very much for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

It is only through trusted customer feedback that we improve and enhance what we here at Piccolo Mondo offer our guests. I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks for your support.

Your comments regarding the ambience in the restaurant are valuable to us and have been noted, we are working hard to improve this.

Kind Regards

Tanzania
“fancy and delicious”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

very beautiful place, with great service, nice presented food and good wine selection.
make sure you come with deep pocket :)

Visited August 2013
Dear Shiko_m

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor we truely value your positve comments and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Our chefs and service professionals are passionate about what they do, and are very motivated and encouraged by your comments so thanks again.

Please visit us again soon.

Kind Regards