“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #4 of 211 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: True to its name, the Piccolo Mondo really is “a world in one”, combined with superb food, excellent wine and a sophisticated ambience. The Piccolo Mondo instantly turns your visit into a distinctive culinary experience.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week in this magnificent restaurant, which overlooks the Nelson Mandela Square.
Kempton Park, South Africa
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this restaurant considering the dismal service I got from the hotel. Food was excellent, service was excellent. Definitely a place I would recommend.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Beverley_Nathan
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Beverly_Nathan

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience at Piccolo Mondo, your positive feedback is very encouraging to our team here at Piccolo Mondo.

Im sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations in the hotel, please dont hesitate to send me your contact details and I will ensure that our guest relations manager contacts you to discuss this matter further.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Piccolo Mondo in the not to distant future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Rather empty”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For a Saturday lunchtime over Easter week-end it was incredibly quiet. For a five star hotel the waiters were charmingly incompetent and our initial waiter even went on a break during our meal. We arrived at 12:50.
Having said all this the food was good. My pear and gorgonzola salad had a little too much balsamic but my rack of lamb was done exactly as I asked. My wife had a nice and fresh piece of grilled sea bass and the signature dessert is pretty spectacular. Probably worth a visit if you happen to be in Sandton square but I wouldn't make a special trip.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank 684NigelW
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Nigel W

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Your points have been noted and will be addressed accordingly. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Piccolo Mondo for the service and experience we pride ourselves on delivering.

Johannesburg
“Gourmet Dinner - its a must!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently reserved my parents a table for the 'Gourmet Dinner' at Piccolo Mondo on Friday evening, as a gift. Their views were as follows:

+ Food was well presented and prepared beautifully
+ Fantastic Service, always on point and very attentive
+ (from my point of view, dealing with Ellen was a pleasure and she made the booking process very easy)
+/- Price was fair to high

- Lack of background music, being a hotel there should at least be a band/ piano player playing in the background.

• Visited April 2013
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear NemZa

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am really glad that you enjoyed the food and service for your recent gourmet dinner experience at Piccolo Mondo, the points you have raised have been noted and we will look at implementing them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Piccolo Mondo.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Gourmet Dinner - De Wetshof”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Elegant dinning is what this dinner is all about! Their are few places one can dine that has the ambiance, service and food at such an excellent standard.
With each Gourmet dinner one can see the high standard to wich Piccolo Mondo reaches for. The attention to detail is outstanding, right down to the differing table decor for each meal.

It is a wonderful, affordable night out on the town. It is such fun to dine and share good wine with friends while being swept up in lucky draws and charity raffles.

Highly recommended to anyone!

• Visited March 2013
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Johberg_Diner

Thank you for taking the time to give us the very positive feedback for our gourmet dinner.

We are glad that you enjoyed the evening, and we look forward to welcoming you back to
Piccolo Mondo for our next gourmet dinner.

Regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Piccolo Mondo at Michelangelo Hotel,best restaurant ever”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Piccolo Mondo Restaurant at the Michelangelo Hotel, is the best restaurant I have ever been to, their food is spectacular, from starter to desert, their menu is to die for whether its for breakfast,lunch or dinner, you just don't get better, and i am comparing the Piccolo Mondo to the top restaurants world wide. For the ultimate experience The Piccolo Mondo is the choice, It has the most wonderful ambiance and the quality of the service is the best in the world. The staff go the extra mile,as a business woman I have been to many restaurants, and believe me, you don't get better than this. Last night i was introduced to a new treat, the Crepe Suzette on the Gueridon trolley,I have provided pictures below of our Crepe Suzette, it was absolutely fantastic. My special thanks and bouquet goes to the finest managers, Jeff Lopes, Mario Merola and Dean Eliasov and not forgetting Nkosinathi Mbatha, you guys are the greatest.

• Visited February 2013
TopSommSA, Manager at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sandy G

Thank you so very much for taking the time post a review on Trip Advisor, your positive feedback means a lot to us!!

We hope to look after you again in the very near future, and thank you for your support!

Piccolo Mondo management team