“Good value and good service”

Pappas on the Square
Ranked #2 of 245 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For more than two decades, Pappas has been dishing out Mediterranean taste sensations and memorable dining experiences. Pappas has been in the family since the 80s and is now run by the second generation of restaurateurs.We are conveniently situated in the heart of Sandton on Nelson Mandela Square, a hop, skip and jump away from the Sandton Gautrain station. Our extensive menu consists of delicious Mediterranean fare combined with traditional Greek tastes and flavours that will take you on a culinary journey fit for royalty. All our meals are homemade daily to ensure the freshness and quality you deserve and expect. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Pappas so you may enjoy every generosity our restaurant and experienced staff have to offer.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The food was quite reasonable here, I had a massive portion of ribs but it might have been better with a bit more finesse.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

While the food is not bad and the service cannot be faulted I think the restaurant gets away with a lot of walk in customers purely because of its great location overlooking the Nelson Mandela Square.

Not bad at all for a quick dinner

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great Greek food No doubt what so ever !!!

All is well until one requests something our of the ordinary ( the factor which exposes so many restaurants )

A 21 first birthday celebration I was meticulous in conveying this when booking a table for 7
Result No table available Hurtful disappointment yes hurtful and I am sure you empathize I still hurt thinking about this LIFE is short such an occasion to be marred by Pappas
I have tears in my eyes this is actually too much for me to try and communicate .You understand or you do not my dear READER

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had dinner there. My wife had the Pappas Chicken and it was excellent. We lived in Athens, Greece for 18 months so have a good idea of Greek food.. The waiter was knowable and answered our questions. I had the Beef Yiro, not as good as in Greece (on rotisseries), which I understand. But the french fries and onions rings were soggy. We had a Mojito and virgin Strawberry Daiquiri, both of us were happy with our drinks.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I love the food at this restaurant. I can't remember how many times I've been there and the food is on point every single time. I haven't had a taste if what some say is the best chocolate mousse on the square. They're always out by the time I order it so it must be amazing. Hopefully I get to have it next time. You need to eat here if you're ever in Sandton.