“Just lovely”

Pappas on the Square
Ranked #8 of 252 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For more than two decades, Pappas has been dishing out Mediterranean taste sensations and memorable dining experiences. Pappas has been in the family since the 80s and is now run by the second generation of restaurateurs.We are conveniently situated in the heart of Sandton on Nelson Mandela Square, a hop, skip and jump away from the Sandton Gautrain station. Our extensive menu consists of delicious Mediterranean fare combined with traditional Greek tastes and flavours that will take you on a culinary journey fit for royalty. All our meals are homemade daily to ensure the freshness and quality you deserve and expect. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Pappas so you may enjoy every generosity our restaurant and experienced staff have to offer.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff really helpful, great location above Mandela Square. Food very tasty, good variety of wines and cocktails. Nice experience

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Like many people I was a bit snooty about Pappa on the Square. Until I went there. It's a lot better than Greek food snobs like me will expect. The food's good, the service is good, the noise and bustle is good, a nice view over the square, an excellent place for lunch after shopping.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I've always been slightly doubtful about this place, so imagine my surprised when I finally went there and thoroughly enjoyed myself. We climbed those stairs behind the madiba statue with the intention of just having a look at the menu and then moving on. When I encountered the fresh, Mediterranean look, I just had to sit down and taste something! The staff is very friendly and attentive, but our waiter was not very well versed on the wine. Other than that, the service was excellent. My chicken breast layered with halloumi and grilled vegetables, was fantastic. In true Greek style, they even allow you to break a few plates for a mere R8 a plate! This is a great place to eat and I can't wait to come back and try some of the lamb dishes:)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

service is always top notch and the food really good, i always leave with a doggie bag and a very full stomach

Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you stand in front of the statue of Madiba in Nelson Mandela Square, Sandton and look over his right shoulder you'll see the balcony of Pappas on the Square; don't hesitate, climb the stairs and enjoy excellent hospitality and food. We wouldn’t miss lunch at this delightful restaurant when in the Johannesburg area. When you arrive, you will more than likely be shown to your table by Carlos; he’s the man in the blue shirt with cigars in his shirt pocket and one of the fixtures that makes this restaurant a pleasure to visit. The waiters are friendly and attentive as is the Maître d’, who looks and is the part. The menu offers a good selection of Greek Cypriot style food along with a selection of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes you would expect to find in a good restaurant; all beautifully cooked and served. The wine list offer a variety of choice that will satisfy the most discerning palate and desserts and coffee are essential to the whole experience. When you are next in Johannesburg don’t miss a meal at Pappas.