“Palate heaven :)”

Luce Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 211 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Italian, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nairobi, Kenya
“Palate heaven :)”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ambience is amazing. Not too loud, not too quiet.

Service was so efficient - had about 4 people constantly checking on and waiting on us.

Great table by the window - beautiful view of Sandton by night.

The wine list is pretty good - settled on a red wine which was delightful.

The food - wow! Started with a carpaccio that I'm still having dreams about. We were to share it but I ended up having most of it.

My entree was the crumbed lamb shanks (see pic) - beautifully presented and a pleasure to eat. My group all loved their food.

For dessert, the tiramisu. Again, delectable. My taste buds had a field day.

This will be a staple for me anytime I'm in Sandton.

• Visited September 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant is in The Southern Sun Hyde Park Hotel, Johannesburg South Africa. I have eaten in a couple of the Bice facilities but this had the best pasta dishes of any in the chain. It was delight to discover this restaurant and have the good service and delicious food that I had. The wine selection was also quite good with the South African wines offered.

• Visited July 2013
Warwickshire
“Great Service and Fabulous Sushi!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two days at the beginning of April, the continental breakfast buffet at the Bice Restaurant was one of the best we have eaten and there is also a good variety of different options on the breakfast menu. The extensive sushi menu is excellent, so we ordered a selection of sushi for lunch and as a starter in the evening, extremely fresh and delicious. Also tried the kingklip which was perfectly cooked, the risotto was just slightly too salty. The interior is very smart and the glass wine room is a clever addition. Great service in the restaurant and at the hotel pool!

• Visited April 2013
Sandton, South Africa
“Very Dissapointing”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Terrible Service for a 5 Star Hotel restaurant. Staff were not familiar with their own offerings, especially in so far as wine is concerned. Certainly one to miss.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great View an Great Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well, all excited my wife and I arrived to find the restaurant empty, and even after someone telephonically confirming my booking, they didn't even bother to ask if I had a reservation. The waiter recomended we try the wine paired menu and we both opted for the top of range. The food was good not great, and the wine was definitely not paired with the food as after probing the witer, he chose the type of wine as to what was open and available from the bar. We had to ask them to replace the Savignon Blancfor a more chilled version as it arrived warm. The waiters were very helpful but NO management in site and a pity the waitrons were not a bit more educated about the meal and wines etc... The views are very spectacular though and if Management and team were a bit more focused and enthusiastic this venue will definitely prove difficult to beat for views etc....

• Visited August 2012