See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 31, 2015

Having to travel on business can be a tiring experience, over the years I have tried a number of Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts but staying at Sandton Slippers one can truly say it is a home from home. Not only is the establishment well run they go the extra mile knowing your preferences and ensuring your every need is accommodated. As a women travelling I have always felt secure and I cannot fault the accommodation. The owners and staff have become good friends over the years and always willing to help. I highly recommend Sandton Slippers as the place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, ground floor , clean will all you require
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2015

What a lovely review and so appreciated. I'm glad we could make all your trips comfortable and knowing how you feel the cold am glad that you've been so comfortable here with our electric blankets,heaters and comfy carpeted rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2014

We use this location as a very centrally located place to stay when travelling in Gauteng. It is inside a closed off suburb with a security entrance before you can drive to the B&B.
The owner is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and tidy.
There is wifi access and access to the breakfast area to heat food or eat. They only serve breakfast, but there are many restaurants and takeaway restaurants close by. Some of them deliver to you.

Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Its always a pleasure to host you. I'm also glad you find us to be central. We do keep things simple for the business traveler and make sure your surroundings are kept uncluttered, clean and functional, did I mention well fed at breakfast, enough to keep you going all day :) ? Thanks for your compliments. See you again soon. Regards Andre & Dina

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful clean comfy and safe stay, plus yummy breakfast! Sandton Slippers will definitely be my first choice when I go to JHB again! The host was also very helpful and like my husband said a great sense of humour. Regards Cheryl & Clint

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hi guys, thank you so much for your lovely review. It was such a pleasure to have you stay at Sandton Slippers B&B and yes we do have a good laugh around here and look at the light side of life. We are so glad you were so comfortable, that's what we aim for. Take care and see you next time.
Andre & Dina

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked the self catering for 3 nights. The rooms were clean, lots of plugs and excellent WiFi. Comfortable bed and good quality linen. I was looking for a place to stay for regular visits to Jhb. I prefer guest houses with garden and where I can relax in a pretty setting. I felt too boxed in and confined to my room as there wasn't a cosy lounge area and I love space and a need to feel nature. So for me it was a bit on the claustrophobic side. Breakfasts are good. The location is very convenient. Some reviewers have said they had a "homey" feel but I didn't get this, maybe it has to do with the lack of a garden.

Room Tip: The Self Catering Unit is private and the room is well heated. Great WiFi.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ecsonza
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for the great review, it's much appreciated. I'm so glad we ticked most of the boxes to your satisfaction. We don't show pictures or advertise that we have a garden setting for the self-catering unit so it is a shame you didn't pick that up on the website prior to making your booking. The little raised gardens outside of the Std rooms are so pretty especially this time of the year and the seating outside each room is very comfortable, that might have been a better choice for you actually but unfortunately you didn't mention that on check-in when showing you around. The patio outside of the dining room is also for all the guests' convenience and has lovely shady trees, a bird table, water feature and gazebo.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

What a wonderful place! I travel allot to Johannesburg and I wont stay at any other guesthouse again. It is an amazing place to stay, their facilities and staff are superb and it is very clean and and close to my work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anel E
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for the super review, we really appreciate it when people take the time to review our establishment. It sounds to me like we'll be seeing much more of you in the new year and we look forward to that. We are now back in full swing for 2014 and can't wait to host our regular business travellers, such as yourself :). Take care.