“Peaceful and Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandton
Sandton Slippers B&B
Ranked #8 of 72 Sandton B&B and Inns
Pointe D' Esny Mauritius
“Peaceful and Perfect”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Dina thank you very much for making me feel so welcome during my two day stay at Sandton Slippers. Your guesthouse is fantastic and a welcome peaceful refuge after a days work. The great breakfast was a welcome start to the day and the comfortable cosy bed sent me to slumber land in no time.

Thank you. Geoff Garrett.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your review, it was super to meet you and we're always glad to hear people feel at peace when in this environment, maybe Andre & I should stay on the other side of the house "the B&B" one weekend for a getaway, retreat :). See you soon. Regards Andre and Dina.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Dina and Andre' provide a wonderfully safe, clean and peaceful environment. The rooms are spacious, and the bathrooms too. The Breakfast way more than I expected, with fresh fruit everyday. The 3 days away on business felt more like a mini break, as I relaxed and enjoyed the comfortable stay. Thank you.
Lisa van Deventer

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 2 which was quiet and the shower enormous. Room 4 where my boss stayed was as nice...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, it's great that you found some solace after a days work ! Thank you also for the room tip, that's always useful for people. See you both soon I hope. Regards
Kampala
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Sandton Slippers is a nice B&B that makes you feel home away from home. The rooms are spacious and comfy. Dina and Andre are professional doing their best to make guests feel at home - the home extra reason I will be back soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your review, we are very lucky to have guests like you ! You are always welcome at our establishment you call "home". Take care and see you soon.
Andre & Dina
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights before heading to Cape Town. This is a lovely guest house in a quite neighbourhood in Sandton. I got room #5, it was a very spacious with a small fridge and microwave.

The place was spottless, very clean!!! I was traveling solo and found it very secure too.
Dina, the host, was excellent. She welcomed me and ensured that everything I needed was available for me. She served breakfast in a lovely area and for Sunday they prepared a box with my breakfast since I was leaving very early to Pilanesberg and they didn't open the breakfast area for the day.

I would for sure stay here if I am in Johannesburg again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JSalazar
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for your super review, we wish you could have stayed longer, next time maybe .......
Often we have tourists that leave at the crack of dawn for day tours and we don't like them to go hungry so the picnic box is useful, we are glad you enjoyed yours. Take care.
Regards Dina & Andre
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood in Sandton, this B&B offers everything you'd expect. The room was nicely decorated with modern South African decor. The bathroom is spacious, modern and well lit. The breakfast is standard B&B fare, but of great quality.

Dina is an excellent host. She is present, helpful and caring, yet never intrusive.

My only complaint (and I use that term loosely) is the lack of AC. Most months, the climate in Johannesburg is pleasant and dry, however it can be hot in the summer months. Given the lay out of the facility there was no cross breeze and the room can be stuffy. If not AC, a fan would be a great addition to the room.

Overall, I recommend Sandton Slippers without reservation. Its location, accomodation and overall ambiance is great. I plan to stay there every time I travel to Jo'burg.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for staying at Sandton Slippers it was really super to meet you both. I know we can have some really hot weather here in Jhb and we try to keep the rooms cool with the almost 1m wide ceiling fans which I'm surprised you missed, sorry about that. Other than that I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, I hope we see you again soon. Kindest Regards
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I would like to compliment Dina and Andre on their wonderful B&B. My stay of ten days was very relaxed & comfortable. As a woman on my own, not once did I ever have reason to feel uncomfortable or fearful. My car was safely parked under the trees and my personal belongs were always where I left them on returning to the room. The room was really tip top, with beautiful linen and fluffy white towels, and private too! The staff were always friendly and accomodating. Nothing is too much trouble. Dina and Andre, thank you so much. From the warm welcome on arrival to the departure I found my hosts really wonderful. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011
Hi there, thank you for your lovely review. It is good to know that you felt safe whilst you were here and you enjoyed the facilities in the room and the linen, which everyone likes. We think it's because it's bleached by our South African sun and air-dried in the wind :) . Take care. Regards
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Tucked away in a quiet neighbourhood with good access to major roads, Slippers is a pleasant B&B. The rooms are very small without space for even a second reading chair but the space is well used for bed and desk. Better for single business travelers who don't spend much time in the room. There are big sliding doors but no cross ventilation so rooms get stuffy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your constructive review. I agree the rooms are suited to business travellers which is our usual clientele. The weather has been extraordinarily warm lately and I think you got the full brunt of our summer. I am glad you came back to us twice after your initial stay though. Take care and enjoy your 4x4'ing. Andre and Dina