“Thanks for your hospitality Lynne” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Gallo Manor Country Lodge
Ranked #10 of 73 Sandton B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Thanks for your hospitality Lynne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had a 2 night stay at the Gallo Manor Lodge in Nov 2012 and it was excellent. Lynne was the consumate host. Room was excellent - good size, excellent shower, nicely fitted out in pleasant surroundings. Breakfast was also good and i was able to order more or less what I wanted.

Room Tip: The Venezia room was a good one for me.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We appreciate you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience with us and look forward to meeting you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for an extended business trip to Sandton and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The hosts and staff were extremely helpful and attended to my every need. From making reservations to local tourist advice nothing was too much. Their help really allowed me to make the most of my stay and see areas I would otherwise not have visited.

The quiet location and homely interiors made staying here feel like a home from home. Not to mention the beautiful gardens and roof terraces, that make a perfect setting to enjoy peaceful evenings watching the sun go down.

With a lodge like this one you get so much more than staying at a Hotel, I would highly recommend staying here and I hope the be back very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in Capri, which was very private and had a lovely view over the gardens and pool, not to me...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomprat
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We aim to ensure that visitors to Gallo Manor Lodge are given a comprehensive option of tours and experiences to suite their needs. A mix of business and leisure travelers makes our task more exciting as it offers more versatility. We look forward to their return.
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Gallo Manor for 4 nights. It was very relaxing and private. It is in a great location and feels very safe. The quality of service was very high. The room was very nice. We would recommend for anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We enjoyed meeting you and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and facilities
Pretoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My niece lives in the UK, and to celebrate the upcoming birth of her baby. we had a 'Skype' baby shower at Gallo Manor Country Lodge. The Venezia Suite was transformed into the perfect baby shower venue for a group of 16. A High Tea was catered for by me. Lodge owner, Lynne Taylor as well as her staff were more than willing to assist at every turn. My sister set up her laptop and data projector; with the easy wifi access at the lodge we swiftly connected to the UK via Skype and enjoyed an afternoon of sharing with her daughter - my niece - who, although she couldn't be with us physically, was a virtual reality and we were able to see her on a big screen. The children who accompanied their mothers to the baby shower were able to enjoy an afternoon in the play area outside. The efficiency of the staff and facilities of Gallo Manor Country Lodge made this day even more special. As for the Venezia Suite - I could recommend its use as a small conference setting - private and comfortable. Thank you Lynne for an amazing day at your exquisite lodge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing Gallo Manor Lodge for your Special occassion venue. It was a pleasure hosing your party.
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We all know the facilities are superb, the pictures already tell you that. But the hosts and service made it an exceptional experience. Lynne was simply wonderful, making sure everything was in the room or the living area where I needed it, booked tee times for me at the JCC, dropped me off and picked me up from the Vodacom World of Golf when I had nothing doing, facilitated logistics for some items I needed delivered to me during my stay...really anything and everything I needed.

Hey, I've got me a home away from home. Thanks Lynne.

Kachi

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor Lodge experience.
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very good hospitality, big and comfortable rooms. Amazing place to stay for business as well as for tourists. Excellent breakfasts and evening grills. Great time, great place, great people. Many thanks Lynne.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor experiences we value your kind remarks and enjoy hosting International guests. We look forward to future visits.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our party of 6 all arrived at different times, including one couple early in the morning, all of us accomodated immediately, with efficient collections for two couples from the airport.

What a beautiful hidden gem in the bustle of Joburg! Calm and lush gardens, excellent room, Venezia, was huge and breakfast delicious.

Thanks Lynne and all your staff for a relaxing and enjoyable stay prior to our trip to the Kruger.

We will be back, could not recommend this hotel highly enough, every detail is thought of and provided.

Sue

Room Tip: All lovely, with views of the garden
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing Gallo Manor for your accommodation in Sandton, South Africa. We were delighted to host your group and enjoyed being of service to you.