“The word "Logde" does not do it justice”

Gallo Manor Country Lodge
Ranked #18 of 79 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had been to South Africa on 3 different occasions and stayed at the Intercontinental hotel, which was alright for me. So when my sister mentioned a lodge, I was very apprehensive. To my surprise, Gallo Manor was impressive and much better than I could have imagined. The Room décor was up to par with the hotel I had stayed and in some instances, better. The garden, which all of the 6 family members could not stop raving about, was so breathtaking (which make sense with the daily gardening service). All I was expecting was the run of the mill bed and breakfast but the service was also top notch with Owner and proprietor, Lynne, making herself available to us every morning as we ate breakfast like we were all one big family. It had good internet connection that my whole family was able to connect with a total of 4 IPADs and multiple laptops. The only issue was the mile or two distance from the downtown center, which on the other hand could also explain the quiet and peaceful night rest, so I cant complain too much about that. Besides, Lynne had a fleet of taxi providers at the immediate disposal. I really enjoyed it and quickly realized my tenure with the hotel chain was over for my South African visits.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

It was wonderful to host your family gathering from different parts of the world during this very special occasion. We thank you for enjoying our facilities and look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The setting was quaint, beautiful and professional. The grounds are well kept and make you feel secluded from busy JoBurg. Sitting outside by the pool, overlooking the garden and fountain made working from Gallo Manor quite enjoyable. Also, as the service staff were all very kind this enhanced the positive experience even more. I had never been to an "Executive Bed and Breakfast," but it is exactly as the name says - but probably more beautiful than you are imagining.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

We welcome your comments regarding our facilities and service and are pleased that you a wonderful time at Gallo Manor Lodge

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Gallo Manor is a beautiful lodge. I stayed there for a business trip last March. It was close to our office and main exit roads. Good sized rooms and bathrooms! The breakfast was fresh and good. The pool is good for the weekends with nice weather and the garden is lovely. The staff is very friendly and Lynne is a great hostess and gives you genuine personal attention.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We value your response and hope to see you in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience of Gallo Manor

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My line of work is very much involved in Service Delivery where I am constantly surprised of the lack of focus regarding customer service in lots of various fields. This, however, was a very welcomed difference, as the experience here was marvelous. That is actually an understatement. The staff is friendly and very patient. The hosts are amazing. The atmosphere is peaceful and away from the daily craziness of life yet if that is what you seek, you are just a stone throw away from it. I would advise anyone looking for a great accommodation to give this lodge a try.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

It is always a great joy to receive guests who enjoy the facilities as you were able to. We were thrilled to meet you and wish you great success in your career.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My first stay at Gallo Manor Lodge and it was most enjoyable and relaxing. Lynne and Desiree were extremely welcoming and helpful. The room I had was great: very well equipped, clean and spacious. The bathroom was great too with a good shower and separate bath. The attention to detail was excellent too and even included SA universal plug adaptors which are not something I normally carry. The staff were very friendly and attentive too and nothing seemed to be too much trouble
Very peaceful location with lovely garden, the sound of bubbling water and birdsong.
Would definitely revisit when next in Jo'urg.

Room Tip: Didn't see the main house rooms but the Garden Room was great. The annex rooms looked very comfo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience with us. It was a great pleasure to host you during your stay in South Africa. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My first stay at the Gallo Manor Lodge, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I had chosen to stay here due to its location - I had a couple of business meetings nearby. Lynne & Desiree were very helpful & accommodating, arranging my transportation & airport pick-up/drop-off with their local shuttle service and by transporting me themselves (Thanks Desiree!). Being there on business, the high speed Internet connection was worth its weight in gold, and the garden was a nice & quiet place to relax and do a little work. All in all, an experience worth repeating, if possible, when I am back on Joburg.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

We are always thrilled to receive International visitors to South Africa. Thank you for your kind remarks and being such a pleasure to host. We value your appreciation of our services and trust that your business in South Africa has been a great success.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed in so many hotels and resorts across Africa, Gallo manor will stay in mind for a long time and its certainly where i want to go for my next vacation. The place is homely, the owner (Lynne Taylor) and her daughter Desiree(hope thats the correct spelling) made my stay quite memorably, a love place, very lovely outdoor, especially the garden area, very clean and well kept rooms and the whole place is generally clean and well kept, i wish i had gone their during summer, much as i was there on a business trip, i felt like i was on holiday nevertheless. The lodge is setup in a house, which has a living room with a fireplace and a television, a barbeque area on the outside and a cozy dining area, the rooms are spacious and the price was amazing. Am gathering my girlfriends for a vacation there. Lynne offered to drop and pick me up in the evening from the office park where i was attending my training such generosity. i cannot forget Christina the lady who prepared my breakfast every single day and the rest of the staff were generally warm. They also organized my airport transfers, making the whole trip hustle free. Thanks Lynne, Desiree and Christina, see you soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Your kind remarks and appreciation of the Gallo Manor experience is always a great delight to us. We look forward to future visits with you and your friends.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandton
Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa
Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa
AtholPlace Hotel & Villa
The Palazzo Montecasino
CedarWoods of Sandton
CedarWoods of Sandton
#18 of 46 in Sandton
The Syrene Boutique Hotel

Been to Gallo Manor Country Lodge? Share your experiences!