“Fabulous food and Atmosphere”
Review of Polpetta

Polpetta
Ranked #24 of 240 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

One of my favourite places to eat or get take-aways. The food is always fresh and tasty. The bread sticks in the evening are delicious. The atmosphere is great and in winter it is cosy and warm and summer is fresh and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is owner managed, which I think is a big thing, so service is never an issue and quality of food is always great. We have eaten here for lunch and dinner and had take-aways.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

For a change we decided to give this restaurant a try. To get someone to firstly seat us was a mission, secondly to get menu's and take our order was a disaster and thirdly, in short, the focaccia was burnt.

It could have just been a bad night for them but it was shocking all round and totally unacceptable!

In saying that, I haven't been here in a while and I am willing to give it another try in the near future.

At this stage I unfortunately do not have much good to say about restaurant.

1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent, home-cooked Italian fare. The owner, Roberto, is always on hand to make his guests feel welcome. My favourite dishes are the Luderitz oysters, mussles, Alessandro baked pasta and the veal Madagascar. In fact, that is what we order every single time.

1  Thank pppeters
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The owner us ever present making sure everything is perfect real Italian food at its best. Hadn't been in the area for ages, but it's one of those places that us consistently excellent & therefore always full so reservations are mainly necessary. Great salads, luv, pizzas & knowledgeable service, thank you!

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Polpetto is in our neighbourhood and we have often seen it on our way to Nandos. We decided to go there as a result of the reviews and are very glad we did so.
The service and value were excellent. I had the Osso Buco and my partner had a steak on ciabatta. The food was delicious and we will definitely be back.