“Great Food, bad experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grillhouse Sandton

The Grillhouse Sandton
Ranked #7 of 208 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to The Grillhouse Sandton, Johannesburg's most loved and well established premium steakhouse. Established in 1995, The Grillhouse offers the perfect quadfecta in dining - great food, a huge selection of fine wines and malts, stellar service and an upmarket yet warm and hospitable atmosphere. Please check our Facebook page for opening times over the holiday periods. The Grillhouse Sandton Team Reminding you why you work so hard!
Madrid, Spain
“Great Food, bad experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I went with 2 friends for dinner. The food was very good but at the end of the dinner we had a problem with the taxy to go back to the hotel. The said the taxy from the restaurant will take us and later it couldn't. The experience was very good so far but then the bad manners of the manager/owner were unacceptable. He ruin the whole experience, I will never go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Allen, Texas
“Usually Great - Service was an Issue this Time Around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Grillhouse is usually a great place to enjoy a meal. I can't count the number of times we've visited and dined there. This time around - the service was slow and confused; the steaks were ok, but nothing to write home about. Price, I can't say that the service and the food we received was value for the money. We were disappointed, since the Grillhouse is one of favourites whenever we are in Joberg. We'll give them another chance on our next visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Every time I am in Sandton I always make time for a visit to the grillhouse. Decent wine list, friendly staff and great fillet on the bone. There are cheaper places in Sandton but I think there steaks are the best locally.

Visited January 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“An Excellent Steakhouse in the Heart of Jo'Burg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

When my colleague said that Grillhouse was rated top 15 in the world and that the steaks were at decent prices compared to US, we made it a point to go. We stayed downtown and found out they offer shuttle services in the area. When we arrived, the waitress was welcoming and seated us immediately. Even my daughter who normally does not like eating out, thoroughly enjoyed her time at the restaurant. I had ribs and my husband had steak. We finished our palate with crème brulee and crème caramel..Very delicious. I was very happy we came, the atmosphere was great, food was great and we enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited January 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Never failed me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

A great steak-house in the land of steaks. I've been here many times and they never failed me with their steaks, wine and service

• Visited December 2013