“A wonderful haven in Johannesburg”
Review of Grendon House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandton
Grendon House
Ranked #44 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Grendon House on a trip from Malawi. We couldn't have been happier! The house itself is set in beautiful grounds and extremely tastefully decorated. Our room was very comfortable with a great king size bed. Best of all was breakfast, with plenty of fresh fruit and excellent scrambled eggs.

Kim was a great host and couldn't have been more attentive to our needs - especially with helping navigating around Johannesburg and helping us pick the best places to eat and visit.

All in all, I would highly recommend Grendon House as the perfect haven in Johannesburg
Peter

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2010

Myself & a friend, travelling from England, stayed at Grendon House in June 2010, during the Fifa World Cup.

I have travelled across 4 continents globally and I make no exaggeration when I say this was the most pleasant experience I've ever had abroad.

Where to start?

The service
Absolutely outstanding. Second to none. Kim & John could not do enough for me & my friend, restaurant recommendations, lifts into town, safari visits...you name it. Serving us lemonade & sandwiches as we played croquet (very English) in their beautiful garden.

The House
Truely beautiful mansion in a lovely, secure neighbourhood. Our room was spacious & immaculate and the little finishing touches (chocolate & a message on the pillow) completed the look.

The location
lovely safe neighbourhood 5minutes from town in a taxi - what more could you ask for?

Holidaying in South Africa during the World Cup was the best experience of my life & I thank Kim & John at Grendon House for contributing to that wonderful experience - I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We lucked into staying in this lovely, over-the-top luxurious guesthouse (mansion, really). Kim and John, the owners, were incredible hosts, and we felt we were visiting friends. When we arrived from Madagascar, Kim had arranged dinner reservations for us at their own favorite restaurants, provided transportation, arranged tours, and welcomed us like long-lost family. Anything you want or might possibly want is taken care of. Their bird-filled garden (a park) is unreal; in fact, the whole atmosphere is amazing. And, oh my, those breakfasts!!!
We traveled with three adults, and we all hope to go back and add on a visit to Kim's Mother's Kruger lodge.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at Grendon House in March of this year. It is simply an oasis in the high-energy environment of Johannesburg. Nestled in a very secure and green neighborhood, Grendon house is a delightful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. The house itself is beautifully designed and sits among beautiful gardens. Guest rooms are elegant, luxurious and private and come with their own well-equiped bathroom. I enjoyed sundowner drinks on the patio overlooking the large outdoor swimming pool, and was served dinner by candlelight. Breakfast is a colorful spread of fruit, cereal, toast, eggs and anything else you may wish for. Last but not least, the delightful owners of Grendon House make you feel so welcome. They enjoy the good life and are a source of information, from great tips on where to wine and dine in Jo'burg, to where to stay in Kruger NP. I felt completely safe in this neighbourhook which is well-protected by private guards. I warmly recommend Grendon House to anyone looking for a luxurious, safe and quiet guesthouse, run by wonderful hosts, in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business