“Fantastic”
Review of Thatchfoord Lodge

Thatchfoord Lodge
Ranked #6 of 79 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Joyce and Pearl, the Hosts were so helpfull and very freindly. The rooms were very neat and spacious, the setting along the Sand River was peacefull and the overall experience was Fantastic.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, like myself, the Weavers Nest is a very large room upstairs with a king size...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Norma32746, Owner at Thatchfoord Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Good afternoon Steven,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you at Thatchfoord Lodge and wqe thank you sincerely for your positive review of your experience with us. Hope you have a lot of pleasure with your rock climbing and the expected addition to your family
Hope to see you soon

Regards
Pearl/Joyce

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed in the "Sands room" at Thatchfoord Lodge and I really enjoyed the peaceful environment. The people are friendly and efficient and the place is great. The grounds are great and with the river running past, I cant imagine a nicer setting. A thumbs up all round. Many thanks to Joyce and Pearl and Blache. Regards Trevor

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Norma32746, Manager at Thatchfoord Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Good afternoon Trevor,

Thank you for the excellent review we really appreciate your having taken the trouble to post this. We loved having you at Thatchfoord Lodge. Hope that we will see you soon.

Regards
Pearl/Joyce

Reviewed April 15, 2012

When travelling its bad enough leaving the family behind. Coming to Thatchfoord I was was met by warm and friendly people that made that experience a lot more tolerable. I was struck by the beautiful surroundings and well tended facilities. Rooms are excelent. They are close to shops for those that need it, and also have certain restaurants that would collect you from the B&B. For me breakfast is the most important meal of the day and there the selection of eats cater for just about every persons' taste. I would recommend Thatchfoord to all and would definately return.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful day at Johannesburg at the Thatchfoord lodge. We stayed in the Willow room which was very spacious and comfortable and has its own balcony. The pool was just perfect for the warm afternoon. The lodge is located in such beautiful surroundings, right by the river. It was so peaceful we spent the whole day relaxing at the lodge, taking walks along the river. Joyce and Pearl are simply wonderful, made our visit so comfortable and so special. The taxi ride to the airport is about Rand400.

Room Tip: The willow or any room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Thatchfoord lodge is a perfect serenity. It is nestled in a residential neighborhood close to Sandton's business district. Joyce and Pearl are absolute delights and were attentive to our needs. We were here to wrap up a business report and it was the perfect site to do so.

The birds in the morning and the constant rustle of the Sand River make it a great place to relax after a long day at work or touring. I would recommend it to anyone. This will be my base next time I am in Johannesburg.

Room Tip: I recommend the Weavers nest or the honeymoon suite. All the rooms are similarly priced but these ro...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

On my recent stay the gals of Thatchfoord again demonstrated a willingness to do a little extra to ensure my comfort. I realized I was going to arrive late with no car and would not have eaten. A quick email requesting a lite dinner when I arrived was promptly answered and I had a delicious meal waiting for me.

You can expect that at Thatchfoord.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Joyce, Pearl and her friendly staff gave my family and I a truly memorable experience. Excellent, very secure location- safe, country feeling in the middle of a vibrant and chic part of Johannesburg...the sound of the running water of the Sandspruit stream, beautiful green surroundings and extremely spacious, clean and well looked after rooms with excellent facilities topped off an excellent holiday. The rooms offer privacy for both personal and business clients alike and communal areas provided us with the opportunity to meet some really good people. Will def be back and commend Joyce, Perl and their team..well done and a VERY BIG THANK YOU from us all. Ifraan

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandton
Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton
#1 of 79 in Sandton
Gallo Manor Country Lodge
Gallo Manor Country Lodge
#16 of 79 in Sandton

Been to Thatchfoord Lodge? Share your experiences!