Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
$86
$116
$94
1,282 results
All reviewsnelson mandela squarethird floora business class roomsandton citytrain stationbusiness hotelbusiness tripnespresso machinetambo airportroom servicepool deckmodern hotelconvenient locationlate checkhotel restaurantshuttle servicecomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at Radisson Blu Gaurain for a business trip. I travel regularly and choose Radisson where I can.

Overall the hotel is nice and clean and the room spacious and comfortable.

Be warned though that Radisson Blu Gautrain bill guests for parking at their hotel. In a competitive market this surprises me greatly, as the Radisson Hotel Sandton, literally across the road, does not bill for parking.

The parking rate is exactly the same rate as if I were a day visitor to the building. While I appreciate that this is likely imposed by the building's management, my message to Radisson Blu Gautrain is: This is not an excuse and that you should be treating your guests better. Either inform us upfront of this policy or subsidise the cost of parking, after all we are your guests.

My surprise of a R300 parking bill at check out was a sad event that soured my stay at your hotel. For a cost that was less that 5% of my hotel bill, your lack of attention to the small things will mean that on my next trip to Johannesburg I will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Marketing Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Good Day,

Firstly we would like to thank you for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Johannesburg and also for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet all your expectations during your stay with us. This parking issue has been mentioned to our Front Office Manager and training will be arranged to that all guests are fully aware of how the parking charges work.

Once again we would like to apologize for not completely meeting your expectations during your stay with us and we really hope that you will give us a second chance on your next visit to Johannesburg - we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

we actually are now staying at this hotel and feel somewhat sharing our impressions right away.

check-in was done quite inpersonal, they wanted us to confirm a 1 night stay but we actually are here for 3 nights. anyway, correction was made, glad we had a voucher from our travel agency with us as a proof. no apologies were made.

i informed the check-in person, that we are on our honeymoon. she said "oh then you probably dont want a twin room" - good idea. i do not know if it was the travel agent or them, who ignored the information already given at time of booking.

when the room door was opened, there came the next surprise. you could smell smoke. horrible for non-smokers. we called the reception for a change of rooms and waited. in the meanwhile housekeeping came to change the bed, we told them, that we would get another room and this effort is not needed for the old room as nobody had told them.

after a personal visit by my husband at the reception 15 minutes later, we finally got a new room. honestly: we as guests can just tell what it is like, it does not help using more room perfume or explaining that this should be a non-smoker room.

after sorting these things out, we went to the pool bar to finally get some very late lunch (as all other options are closed at 1600). it took quite a while until the single waitress had time for us. then we had to wait 45 min for a burger and a club sandwich. sorry, but with less then every 2nd table occupied and most people just having drinks, this is a bit of a long wait. food was ok. not ok was one of those little mayo glasses served open as just being used by someone else.

all in all quite up and down impressions here. it seems as if the management is more interested in conference guests than in others.
quite sad as this is the last station of our honeymoon and the last impression of hospitality in south africa.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Michelle_Coo
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Marketing Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Good Day,

Firstly we would like to thank you for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your hotel of choice on your last stop of your recent honeymoon and also for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations during your stay, we can assure you that this is not the norm at our hotel and that all your concerns have been taken seriously and passed on to the relevant Heads of Department to investigate and sort out.

Once again we would like to apologize for the mishaps during your stay and we really would like you to give us another chance to make things right for you on your next stay.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was on business and we had our group meeting with about 200 people here. The conference facilities are good and the food pretty good for conf food. The rooms worked and they had a tech in the room to cover any glitches. We had a good meeting. The rooms prices were decent, one of the few cities we did not have to get a waiver on the hotel price. The rooms are very nice. do note the conf facilities are on different floors so we did have to travel up and down a lot to get from room to meeting. No complaints.

Good Day,

Thank you very much for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your conference venue on your recent visit to Johannesburg and also for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased that you have no complaints and that you found our conference facilities as well as our selection of conference food very enjoyable and exactly what you were looking for.

We would really like to host your next conference and we look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The security is tight. You have to take an elevator to the 3rd floor, which takes you to the reception area. From there you take another elevator to your floor. Had a few hiccups the first couple of days. I had to lift the room door to open it and close it as it was crooked. They tried fixing it but it kept going back to sticking. The room was somewhat small too. Finally, they gave me another room but the hard wire internet did not work, so I had to use wireless. The carpets in the hallways need cleaning and the hotel is showing it's age. The staff was somewhat stuffy at first but then as I stayed longer, they relaxed and became more friendlier. Two of my favorite staff at the hotel is "Thandi" and "Bobo". They kept a smile on my face throughout my stay. There is a nice outdoor area where you can sit and see the skyline. The location of the hotel can not be beat as you are across the street from Gautrain [rail system] and within walking distance of Sandton mall which has just about everything you can think of. Shopping, restaurants, Grocery store, etc.

Good Day,

Thank you very much for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your hotel of choice during your recent visit in Johannesburg.

We are very sorry to hear that there was a few issues with your room during your stay, this has been passed onto the Hotels Chief Engineer to have a look at.

Thank you very much for mentioning Bobo and Thandi as your stars during your stay, we will be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

Lastly we would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Gautrain for 6 days attending a conference. The service was excellent in all aspects. I used the train comming and going to the airport, very easy. I liked the room which had a very comfortable bed. I could have done with some more TV stations available, but the excellent and fast WIFI connection which is complementary. Breakfast is great and thenearby shopping centre gives you some more options to eat and shop. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Good Day,

Firstly we would like to thank you for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your hotel of choice during your recent conference in Johannesburg.

We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the level of our service, this has been a major focus for us as a team and we are very happy to see that our guests are noticing it.

We are really pleased to hear that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Johannesburg and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in the very near future.