Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
$209
$150
InterContinental
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$212
$161
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$542
$128
$115
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$233
$145
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Free cancellation until 06/02
$129
$89
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

1,296 results
All reviewsnelson mandela squarethird floora business class roomsandton citytrain stationbusiness hotelbusiness tripnespresso machinetambo airportroom servicepool deckmodern hotelconvenient locationlate checkhotel restaurantshuttle servicecomfortable rooms
999 - 1,004 of 1,296 reviews
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The location of this Hotel was my primary reason for trying it. I have previously stayed twice at the Holiday Inn close by, but was not entirely satisfied with it so sought a change.

The Hotel is opposite the Sandton Gautrain station making it ideal for me for traveling to/from the airport and also up to Midrand where my Distributor is located. It is also really close to Nelson Mandela Square and its associated shops and restaurants.

I am a Carlson (Radisson rewards program) member. I booked weeks in advance and told the hotel that I would be arriving at Midday and needed early check-in as I had an overnight flight. When I arrived at the hotel at midday, they said that my room was not ready. Just to put this in to context. My colleague arrived at the same time. He had not asked for early check-in nor was he a Carlson club member but he was given a room right away!!. So you can imagine I was pretty annoyed. However, recognizing that early rooms can be a challenge I patiently waited in the lobby. However after an hour, when there was still no room, I asked to see a Manager. He/She must be a pretty tough cookie because after I asked this, magically they found a room for me. So not a very promising start to my stay!!.

From this moment on though I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay. The room was really spacious, clean and well laid out. The Bathroom was a wet-room with walk-in 'rain' shower and plenty of hot water and pressure. My room had a great view and was quiet. So in the main this made up for the wait downstairs (just!).

There is a nice bar with a balcony overlooking Rivonia road.

The breakfast was great. fresh fruit, great cereals, good bread and quick service. It is served in a nice open environment on the Lobby level. I was glad about this since it was one of the factors I was really disappointed about during my previous stays at the Holiday Inn.

So after a shaky start I was really glad about moving my stay to this hotel and for future trips to JNB will stay here.

Manager - please note my point about the delayed check-in - look after your loyalty customers if you want us to stay loyal

Room Tip: ask for a room at the rear of the hotel for quietest environment
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel and my sincere apologies for the delay at check in, especially since you are a Club Carlson Member. We have noted this for future reference so that we do not let you down again. I was pleased to note that after the check in delay, that everything else was to your satisfaction and that we were able to make up for the check in delay. Our location and service are two of our signature Icons and many of our repeat guests return to us for these reasons.
We do hope we can be of service to you in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Used the hotel for business recently. Rooms were well laid out and clean. Staff was very friendly, although the check out was a little slow. The restaurant and bar area was great. Good vibe. I just wish they had a spa.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Many thanks for your positive review of our hotel during your recent stay. My sincere apologies for the slow check out, which will be attended to immediately. I was pleased to learn of your great experience with our restaurant and bar. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have spent two nights in this hotel; the first night when we arrived to Johannesburg from Paris, and the second two weeks later before heading back to Europe. We were very happy both time.
While the hotel might be more suitable to a business crowd than to tourists, we found that the hotel had everything we needed to get a good rest after a long flight. It is just across the Gautrain Sandton station, which means that the airport is a mere 15 minutes ride away - very convenient and safe (attention: there is no train leaving the airport after 8.30 pm!).

The rooms were clean, bright and comfortable. One issue could be the lack of privacy when showering, since the room is separated of the bathroom by a glas wall. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with a great choice of hot foods, pastries, cutlets and fruits.

However, it was the staff who truly made our day. On the second night, we were allowed to check-out a little later because there was availability - that was very convenient. Last but not least, Morgan, one pf the portier, decided to go to the station with us so I would not have to carry a bag - that was a really, really nice gesture.

Very recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Many thanks for your glowing review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn of your great experience with our hotel and in particular our team who are all empowered to provide "Yes I Can" service. I shall certainly pass on your wonderful comments to our team.
We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really liked this hotel. Good, spacious rooms, friendly staff, great food in the restaurant and well located for connections to the airport and in the heart of Sandton. The pool area is small and uninspiring so if you are planning to spend time at a hotel enjoying the sun I would advise against this place. However, if you want an efficient, smart business class hotel this one ticks the boxes. Wifi is free and good bandwith, the gym lacks some equipment but is spacious and has the basics. Breakfast was great and the egg chefs know their stuff.

Room Tip: if you are on the 4th floor overlooking the pool you might get some noise coming from the pool bar
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your very good review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. Our unique selling points are focussed on the international business traveller with location to the Gautrain Station and complimentary WIFI as some of the points our guests look for in a business hotel. We do hope to be of service to you in the future and thank you once again for your comments regarding our hotel.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We arrived tired after a long journey north from the Drakensberg area. The hotel had provided precise directions as I was driving a hire car. The Tomtom I had followed the same route. Great,as this was my first time driving into Jo'burg. The hotels car park caters,on Level 6 for the return of all major suppliers of hire cars mine was Budget. This made life very easy as we just had to take a lift to Check in. I had booked a standard room, but decided to upgrade for 500ZR per room per night. Well worth it as we were at the top of the building with a fantastic view of Sandton City. You also get a few other extras.
The hotels restaurant is very good. The food well prepared,presented and served by very attentive staff. No complaints. However room service, which we had on our 3rd night, as we were packing for home was even better. No tray charge. British hotels please note!
This is a great hotel,well located and very safe. We booked all our trips through the concierge . Everything went very smoothly. It's unlikely we will return to SA but if we do Radisson Blu will be our first choice

Room Tip: Upgrade. It's worth it
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Radisson Blu Ga... M, Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Many thanks for your glowing review of our hotel. Apart from the convenience of the access to the Gautrain Station, our hotel offers the added benefit of being able to rent and return hired cars to some of the major car rental companies. I was pleased to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel services and although you dont plan to travel to South Africa again, I do hope that the memory of your visit to our hotel will be a lasting one.