“Minimum Staff, but excellent staff”
Review of Park Inn Sandton

Park Inn Sandton
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have never seen so few staff, both helpfull and on the ball. The rooms are well equipped and although I thought very small actually quite spacious and you can see a lot of thought has gone into the design.

Two staff members stood out. Stan, the Duty Manager and Reinard, the Front of House Manager. Both were on hand and seemed to do everything to even ensuring my meal came and that the laundry I sent away was returned to me room by the time I finished my excellent meal.

Would like to meet the General Manager and congratulate her on all the excellent staff. Well done!

This hotel is a gem in the heart of Sandton.

Room Tip: ClubCarlson seems to be a very good loyalty sceem, ask to join, it gives you free internet!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Awesome Feedback !

We look forward to welcoming you back !

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I've from the UK and over in SA on business and overall i've been impressed by the modern, clean feel of the hotel. The courtesy bus has been really helpful and rather than go every 2 hrs, he even picked a few of us up in between these times from Nelson Mandel Sq. Next door to the hotel I made use of a couple of the restaurants although to be fair the overall quality of the RBG restaurant on site at the hotel was of a good quality and I was relatively impressed with my salmon ordered via room service. A couple of things could be clearer...so at check in I was told my package included breakfast and then today was asked to sign for it...seemed very odd..no doubt will follow this up at checkout.

Also the hotel took the full payment on check in rather than checkout (and took it from my AMEX card and then again from Barclaycard - so I'll be checking that the AMEX was cleared). Aside from that I was really surprised (pleasantly) at the quality of the rooms. The gym is a typical hotel gym with 2 running machines, stack of weights, 1 rower, 2 bikes and a ellipical machine. not bad at all.

Room Tip: Avoid the back of the building as it does overlook a building site and the VW headquarters
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Would like to complement the Park Inn Sandton on their general excellent service in Particular the Front Office Manager Reinard Korf. he has always been available to answer queries and handles all aspects of his position in a highly professional manner. An asset to the hotel. Although I have never stayed overnight I have used the public areas of the hotel and restaurant for business purposes

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Received a very warm personal welcome. Stylish Reception area, bar and restaurant. The bedrooms were modern and well designed with excellent 'black-out' curtains. Excellent firm mattress and pillows and large 'walk-in' shower.
Room Service menu choice was adequate but the food was delicious...especially the Kingklip Thermidor! Had two peaceful night's sleep (even on a Saturday) and would recommend it to business people as it has all you need without spending a fortune.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I believe this hotel is fairly new (less than 2 years old?) so everything is still shiny and fresh. The lobby is modern-looking with an open bar next to the reception area. Past the bar there is a small outdoor swimming pool with some tables and chairs surrounding it, although I don't think it gets the sun all day long.
The rooms, while not big, are okay. The furniture and decor are designed to make maximum use of the light and space. The curtain is a sliding canvas screen with a picture of a city on it. Unusual, but it does the job. There is the all-important safe and mini-fridges are gradually being put in all the rooms. There is a gorgeous (large) shower cubicle with a choice of wall-mounted shower or the hanging rainfall shower. Apparently you can only choose one but both of mine worked, which was brilliant. I have been told that this doesn't happen in all showers in this hotel so I'm not sure where the glitch is exactly. The separate lavatory is next to the shower cubicle.
The bed is comfy but the pillows are very hard. You can ask for feather pillows but whether you get them or not is an entirely different matter. Same goes for the iron and ironing-board. I rang for one but was told that they were all being used and that they would get back to me when one became available. I never heard from them again.
Room service was so-so. If you have time, walk to Atholl Square, which is about 5 minutes round the corner. There are 3 or 4 very good restaurants there. I never saw more than one table occupied in the hotel restaurant.
There is a small gym, which I didn't use.
The airport is just under 40 minutes away and it seems to be in a very nice area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 14, 2011

After a long haul flight we arrived early morning in desperate need to rest. Knowing that most hotels won't allow you into your room until 2pm we were so pleasantly surprised when the receptionist upgraded us to a Business Room as our standard room was not ready. They were only too happy to arrange a late check out for us which fitted in with our departure. The whole hotel is extremely modern with cutting edge decor. Rooms are very clean & have good facilities. The trip into Sandton on the Gautrain was quick, easy and reasonably priced for the distance covered. The hotel shuttle collects you from the Sandton station. All the staff were very friendly and extremely accommodating and really go that extra effort to make your stay comfortable. Breakfast is of a high standard. The hotel's location is excellent. A small shopping centre is right next door - 2 supermarkets and numerous good quality restaurants. The shuttle leaves every 2 hours for the huge Sandton Shopping Centre Area, Nelson Mandela Square & Village Walk. Only negative is the design of the "bathroom", which is very modern, but not always going to be acceptable for some travellers. The doors to both shower & toilet are frosted glass, and the whole wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom is glass making privacy an issue.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Wonderful to hear that we served you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We are a very big corporation and have been using the Park Inn Sandton as it was very convenient due to it being close to our offices, but after what happened with our last booking, we will never use them again!
We made a booking a week in advance, got the confirmation with the correct dates, and upon arrival on Tuesday we were told that we did not have a booking, or that our booking has been amended which of course we never did.
Eventually they did book our CEO in, but the next morning when we called to find out what happened, my manager got the rude awakening by talking to the front Office Manager, Reinard Korf, who was extremely rude to her. He was not helpful at all, and by that time she said, no worries, she will come to the Park Inn herself. By that time, Reinard Korf realised that we were not at fault at that it was there mistake as there was another couple booked in with the same surname as our CEO, who has changed there booking.
When my Manager arrived, Reinard was all friendly and apologetic, but, the damage has been done and we will never use them again, and I would not recommend them at all to anybody!!

Room Tip: Don't use them!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business