DaVinci Hotel and Suites
$105
$83
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$135
$104
$214
$180
InterContinental
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$159
$111
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$152
$122
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
$93
$84
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$197
$137
Priceline
Sandton Sun(Sandton)
$321
$962
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge mallexcellent hoteldirect accessmodern hotelnespresso machinestar hotelthe air conditioninglate checkoutturn down servicebreakfast buffetsouth africapool deckbusiness tripmini bar
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I spent a few nights at the DaVinci on a recent business trip. I chose it for its location attached to the mall, for easy access to restaurants at night as I was travelling solo. It was a lovely space and very convenient. A tad tricky to find the first time. The shuttle service within 1Km around sandton was very helpful for meetings or catching the Gautrain. While its very walkable to Gautrain, the cars saved some time, particularly useful on the weekends when trains are infrequent. Nice restaurant, though a la carte breakfast option was a tad slow in the room. Wifi free but a little weak - Wifi in the restaurant would have been nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rachel Z
Management response:Responded August 7, 2014

Dear Rachel Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value all feedback.
We offer wifi connectivity in the Maximillien restaurant and will gladly assist you to connect during your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Rui Antunes
Deputy General Manager
DAVINCI Hotel and Suites

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.
The hotel staffs were just too wonderful. To cap it all, on my 3rd night, I forgot to secure the safe vault knowing well that there would have been room services exercise before my wife and I return back to the hotel. I came back, met a well cleaned room with the vault wide opened but not a dime nor my valuables were missing.
I will always come back to this hotel.
Bosun

Room Tip: We lodged in a standard double room and it was okay for a couple but a family.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olatunike
Management response:Responded July 30, 2014

Dear Olantunike,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at DAVINCI 4 years ago when it opened and went back. The hotel is still a great option in Sandton - nicely laid out rooms, great friendly staff, good solid breakfast and a manager who cares. The housekeeping is inconsistent and there were daily surprises - toilet brush left in the pot one day, body lotion instead of shower gel in the bath, no bath mats and my clothes being left on the floor etc. the turn down service on the other hand was fantastic. The treadmills in the gym need either to be replaced or a good service - at least the one on the right. I would stay again but will also look at the Michaelangelo next time.

Stayed: July 2014
Management response:Responded July 30, 2014

Dear SoumiCPH,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a report for us on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the service standard you received from our Housekeeping department. This is most definitely not the service standard that we pride ourselves on and the Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your feedback. The necessary corrective action will be taken to ensure similar situations do not happen in future.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Every worker there was very attentive and helped us whenever they could. The hotel was very nice and had a good location attached to the mall areas. They brought us a pack n play for our baby to sleep in.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 24, 2014

Dear Kathleen518,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value all feedback and it is wonderful to see that you had such a memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Good hotel but definitely not the best of value. There are a couple five star hotels in the Sandton area and the competition definitely gives better value for money. I arrived with my wife in the evening (business trip). The valet service was excellent. The reception/check-in was slightly stressful as we had a confirmed and paid reservation through their agent yet the hotel was full - not sure where the problem was between the hotel or the agent (hotels.com). The duty manager however managed to put us in one of their apartments for the night which was a great service.
Both the apartments and the hotel room we stayed were on the higher floors yet the rooms are not very well protected from the street noise below. Having said that the rooms are clean and comfortable. The in-room dining is very limited, breakfast (in room) was served a bit late and this could be problematic if you are time sensitive. In addition there was no cutlery and the portions were meagre even for one person yet we indicated two. My greatest disappointment was the bar fridge which was completely empty with not even a bottle of water - this I found very odd for a high end hotel in Sandton. Overall it had the basic minimum for a five star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Emmanuel203552,

I thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed and valuable feedback.

I do apologize for the confusion on check in and am pleased to see that the problem was quickly sorted out with an upgrade to the apartments.

Regarding your further comments on the cutlery, room service timeliness and value of the breakfast received, I will be discussing this in further detail with the relevant heads of departments.

Our policy regarding the Minibar is it is stocked on arrival on request of the guest, but I will be sure to place notes on your profile to ensure it is stocked should you visit us again in the future. I will also ensure that notes are placed on your profile that you be allocated a room on the pool facing side of the Hotel, which is found to be a little more quiet.

I once again do apologize for the problems encountered and guarantee that by no means is this the standards we pride ourselves on. With feedback such as that given by yourself, it allows us to recognize areas that require some attention and this has been brought to Management’s attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you again visit the Sandton area in the future.

Rui Antunes