“Very comfortable and centrally located” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DaVinci Hotel and Suites

DaVinci Hotel and Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very comfortable and centrally located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for several nights on two business trips, and was happy with my stay. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. They're well appointed and get lots of natural light. Food in the lobby is decent, and breakfast is very good. Very centrally located right on Nelson Mandela Square. And the service is extremely responsive.

The decor is a little over the top (I saw another reviewer said too much bling) and not my style, but it didn't affect much practically. My only suggestion is I wish they had a larger business center. There were only two computers and only one of them was printing. If you're trying to cater to business travelers, this isn't enough. Otherwise, very good property for staying in Sandton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank porjotok_Boston
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear porjotok_Boston,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the above TripAdvisor report.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and found the rooms spacious and comfortable. I appreciate your suggestion regarding our business center and will definitely look into improving it when the time comes for renovations to be done. In the mean time, should you require any assistance or need any documentation to be printed and our business center is occupied, you are welcome to speak to our Receptionists or Guest Relations Officers as they will gladly assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is my third time at the DaVinci Hotel in Sandton right on Mandela Square. The staff is super friendly and helpful. I've had a mani - pedi in their spa each trip and it's always well done- they last too.

Of course, it's been business travelthat brings me there and I've worked with the catering staff to organize a small event for about 25 people which went very well. They set up a private room in their downstairs restaurant Maximillian's for the event and put out a copious spread of finger food that was really fresh and tasty.

The BLING I refer to is the decor, some could say at first glace, a bit loud, but loud is a cultural relative. It goes with the hotel, the ambiance which is happening and I haven't even spoken about the rooms.

Nice comfy bed, although the mini bar isn't' stocked upon arrival. You need to call room service to have it stocked. No biggy. Bed down turn service was a bit inconsistent, Of 4 nights, I had 2 nights turn-down. This doesn't bother me although I did miss the nice caramel filled chocolate they provide. I just ask why the inconsistency in such a well run hotel.

Breakfasts.... wonderful everything you could want. A great start to the day. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fontygirl
Dear fontygirl,

I am very glad to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely distribute all your comments to our staff it he various departments. Please accept my apologies for the turndown that was inconsistent. This is definitely not the standard we pride ourselves on and our Executive Housekeeper will be taking the necessary corrective action to ensure our standards are adhered to at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles for your 4th stay in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been staying at the Da Vinci since July in the appartments which are great. Really enjoyed my stays at Da Vinci , being in sandton as well there are all the restaurants and shops at hand. Staff are superb and really make the stay at Da Vinci a pleasure, nothing is too much of an effort, well done!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Mark T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor report for us. I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was wonderful and I will definitely ensure the staff see your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and should we not see you before the end of the year, we wish you a wonderful festive season.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Super hotel, right in the heart of Sandton. Everything about this hotel is excellent, absolutely no complaints. As the Manager rightly said, its the home away from home. The staff at Da Vinci is the best and takes care of your every need.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge!!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Shalz86,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor report for us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that every one of you needs were taken care of. We look forward to welcoming you back “home” in the near future.

Roslyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

After traveling 17 hours, we arrived at the hotel mid morning and were told that the rooms would not be available until 2pm. My room key was given to me at 2:45 and I was quite perturbed. The hotel is stark if you like that modern look. Later I called the front desk and asked if they could send me a waste paper basket for the bathroom. The response was "We only supply one basket per room." It wasn't until the following day when I spoke with other people that I was told there was a drawer in the bathroom that opened for garbage. I had been too tired when I arrived to look for it!
Although the mangement did nothing to help give us our rooms early, the rest of the staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear passionate-gardener,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the above TripAdvisor report for us. All feedback and guest experiences are taken seriously as it assists us in correcting any possible service shortages.

Even though we do our best to assist guests with early check-ins when they arrive, this is unfortunately not always possible due to high occupancies. I would however, like to apologize for the fact that you only received your room key at 14h45 as our check-in time is 14h00 and therefore you should have received your key by then. Our Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper will definitely investigate and take the necessary action to ensure similar situations do not happen again.

I can assure you that the response you received when enquiring about the waste basket for your room, is most definitely not the DAVINCI standard that we pride ourselves on and the relevant people will be addressed.

I trust that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that you can have the true DAVINCI experience.

tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very Impressive Hotel. the breakfast is nice, the rooms are amazingly large. Wifi was very good except for the pool area and the manager promised to look into extending wifi there.
I felt safe in the hotel. they had car service available 24/7 and are directly on top of a shopping mall. They made my stay in SA very pleasant and I would visit again.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor but assume all rooms are nice.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear tokyotraveller918,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a TripAdvisor report. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us as we strive to offer the best possible service. As you mentioned, we are currently looking into extending the wifi signal to the pool area and we hope to have this up and running in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles for another pleasant stay at DAVINCI.

Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I spent there 3 days and everything was good so far. The room is very well furnished, it has two plugs with adaptors to European standards both in 220 and 110 (just in case you come from the US). Staff is very friendly, positive, assertive and helpful. They all do their best to satisfy your needs. Food is good but if you prefer something else, you've got a huge mall adjacent.

Location is great, right in the middle of Sandton. There is nowhere around where you can take a walk, jog, run, whatever but that's always been an issue in Jo'burg.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear RafaHN,

I thank you for taking the time to share your views regarding your stay with us, I will be sure to pass all your compliments onto staff and management and thank you for your kind words.

Regarding running and walking outside the Hotel, we do in fact have a jogging route map which we can supply at Concierge with distances and directions around the Sandton CBD. They are rather popular jogging routes and we recommend them to many of our guests.

Furthermore we hope to welcome you back again to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Rui Antunes