“stay at Da Vinci”

DaVinci Hotel and Suites
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been staying at the Da Vinci since July in the appartments which are great. Really enjoyed my stays at Da Vinci , being in sandton as well there are all the restaurants and shops at hand. Staff are superb and really make the stay at Da Vinci a pleasure, nothing is too much of an effort, well done!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Mark T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor report for us. I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was wonderful and I will definitely ensure the staff see your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and should we not see you before the end of the year, we wish you a wonderful festive season.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Super hotel, right in the heart of Sandton. Everything about this hotel is excellent, absolutely no complaints. As the Manager rightly said, its the home away from home. The staff at Da Vinci is the best and takes care of your every need.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Shalz86,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor report for us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that every one of you needs were taken care of. We look forward to welcoming you back “home” in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

After traveling 17 hours, we arrived at the hotel mid morning and were told that the rooms would not be available until 2pm. My room key was given to me at 2:45 and I was quite perturbed. The hotel is stark if you like that modern look. Later I called the front desk and asked if they could send me a waste paper basket for the bathroom. The response was "We only supply one basket per room." It wasn't until the following day when I spoke with other people that I was told there was a drawer in the bathroom that opened for garbage. I had been too tired when I arrived to look for it!
Although the mangement did nothing to help give us our rooms early, the rest of the staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear passionate-gardener,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the above TripAdvisor report for us. All feedback and guest experiences are taken seriously as it assists us in correcting any possible service shortages.

Even though we do our best to assist guests with early check-ins when they arrive, this is unfortunately not always possible due to high occupancies. I would however, like to apologize for the fact that you only received your room key at 14h45 as our check-in time is 14h00 and therefore you should have received your key by then. Our Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper will definitely investigate and take the necessary action to ensure similar situations do not happen again.

I can assure you that the response you received when enquiring about the waste basket for your room, is most definitely not the DAVINCI standard that we pride ourselves on and the relevant people will be addressed.

I trust that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that you can have the true DAVINCI experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very Impressive Hotel. the breakfast is nice, the rooms are amazingly large. Wifi was very good except for the pool area and the manager promised to look into extending wifi there.
I felt safe in the hotel. they had car service available 24/7 and are directly on top of a shopping mall. They made my stay in SA very pleasant and I would visit again.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor but assume all rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear tokyotraveller918,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a TripAdvisor report. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us as we strive to offer the best possible service. As you mentioned, we are currently looking into extending the wifi signal to the pool area and we hope to have this up and running in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles for another pleasant stay at DAVINCI.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I spent there 3 days and everything was good so far. The room is very well furnished, it has two plugs with adaptors to European standards both in 220 and 110 (just in case you come from the US). Staff is very friendly, positive, assertive and helpful. They all do their best to satisfy your needs. Food is good but if you prefer something else, you've got a huge mall adjacent.

Location is great, right in the middle of Sandton. There is nowhere around where you can take a walk, jog, run, whatever but that's always been an issue in Jo'burg.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear RafaHN,

I thank you for taking the time to share your views regarding your stay with us, I will be sure to pass all your compliments onto staff and management and thank you for your kind words.

Regarding running and walking outside the Hotel, we do in fact have a jogging route map which we can supply at Concierge with distances and directions around the Sandton CBD. They are rather popular jogging routes and we recommend them to many of our guests.

Furthermore we hope to welcome you back again to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Rui Antunes
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed in your hotel in the last 3 months and would not hesitate to visit again and reccommend this hotel to my friends. All the finer details of a quality hotel are there for everyone to see.

Great Service, Great food, Vey clean and very helpful staff.

I hope to visit again early next year, but for a holiday this time.

Thanks to you all

1  Thank Tony S
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Tony S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor Report. I am delighted to hear that you once again had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife was here for her school program to visit business in JoBurg and I just tagged along. We arrived early from an international flight and the room was not ready. No worries though, the front desk rushed the room, porter held our luggage, and we had breakfast in the mall the hotel is attached to. When we were done eating the room was ready. The room is spotless and has all the amenities one could need. The FD staff was nice and assisted with all my questions. There is always a person by the elevator to open it for you. I ordered room service just about everyday and the service is prompt and the person delivering was always smiling. I truly think the room service prices are to low along with the alcohol at the bar. Any business people will be amazed how cheap it is, so take full advantage. If this is your first time to Africa, as it was mine, dont worry about it being dangerous. I walked around with my friend and used common sense. I took the Gautrain and walked around the vicinity of the hotel by my self. People in JoBurg are kind and welcoming. Of course there are bad ones, but they are in every city. I rate hotels very hard and I know what to look for (I am a front office manager in Orlando) and this hotel is absolutely perfect. If you are planning to go toJoburg pick this hotel. I will be coming back and I will bring my little daughter next time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ksul7784

Dear ksul7784,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the TripAdvisor report.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such a great time with us and found the service to be prompt and effective. We pride ourselves in offering only the best possible service to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back along with your little daughter the next time that you visit Johannesburg.