“Loved this hotel - didn't want to leave”

DaVinci Hotel and Suites
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
“Loved this hotel - didn't want to leave”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel. The room was very beautifully designed - everything is so modern and black and white. Very Eco friendly.
The bath was beautiful, the wal paper everything!!! If I had a studio flat tho would be it. Not sure re the curtain as a bathroom door- had I been staying with a friend!! And glass door could have been dangerous in the night.

Loved that the mall was just steps away and there was a great choice of restaurants. The breakfast was the best - variety and quality great. Would go back!!!! The art and decorations Are great. We loves it!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Alybuk
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Alybuk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor report.

I am very glad to hear that you had the true DAVINCI experience and that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles to our beautiful property in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent two wonderful nights in this hotel before going on Safari. We had no complaints about the hotel or the staff. Everything was first class. The only meals that we ate in the hotel were the breakfasts that were included in the price. The selections available were broad and of good quality. Our room was clean, had everything that we needed and was very comfortable. The staff was exceptionally attentative to our every need. If we should ever return to Johannesburg we will undoubtedly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank OldJetJock
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear OldJetJock,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the above TripAdvisor report.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be exceptionally attentive to your needs. We pride ourselves in offering only the best possible service to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A coworker and I had to travel to Johannesburg for two days on business. Another coworker who had been to Joburg many times recommended we stay here (our company generally has us stay in Courtyard-equivalent hotels). It was good, I recommend it.

Sandton is a really nice part of the city. The hotel is attached to a modern, classy mall. Lots of restaurants around it.

I really liked the room. Nice furniture, lighting, comfortable bed. The room has an easy-to-use safe.

I had no problems with the internet connection. Free wifi (with a MB limit).

Right when I checked in a lady came by for turn down service, which I declined, but she gave me chocolates anyway. Nice.

Breakfast was included with our room fare. The breakfast buffet selection was excellent.

I'm from the USA. I don't know if they have adapters available; I brought my own. (type M plugs)

We also really liked how close the hotel is the the Gautrain station. Just a block or two away. There's a Gautrain that goes straight to the airport from the station.

It's on the upscale side. I don't know how its prices compare with other hotels in the area--we had to book our trip pretty quickly so we didn't shop around for other hotels in the area. This one was recommended to us by a trusted coworker. No complaints, would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Trafalga23
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Trafalga23,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay and for such a wonderful TripAdvisor report.

We pride ourselves in offering only the best possible service to all our guest and it is always good to hear that our guests experienced the true DAVINCI standards.
Your comments will definitely be shared with all the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What to say...I wish someone could read my memory stick and experience first hand the fantastic time we have had at the Da Vinci! I am famous in the family to be a "pain": i always find something to complain about in every hotel, in every restaurant , in every bar...not at the Da Vinci..not for the entire 8 days stay..not a fault just praises at their 2 bedroom apartment...at the Maximillien Restaurant... at the Concierge...no faults even with their transfer services ...or the speed of the lift !!!!Our girls have enjoyed their stay fully: particularly the constant supply of Lindt Chocolates and the Nespresso!!! Front office has been particularly attentive and helpful: thank you once again Angelique - PS: the results are visible! i am now stressing my husband to buy a Da Vinci Apartment.

Room Tip: pick any but we loved the apartment
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Valentina K
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Valentina K,

We pride ourselves in offering our guests the best possible service and I am delighted to hear that you had the “true DAVINCI experience”. Your report will definitely be send to all the departments and especially to Angelique.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Leeds
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks in June in a standard room, and was very impressed. Each room on the 7th floor shares an alcove which is great for kids if you want them in a room next door. I returned in July and stayed 5 weeks. Great location, clean modern rooms and great staff. I made a mistake in recommending the DaVinci to colleagues, and now cannot escape them! That being said, I will be back.. (Oh yes, oodles of free Wifi)

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Tim B
RuiAntunes, Rooms Divisions Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Tim B,

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful TripAdvisor report.

I have heard a lot of descriptions for the DAVINCI, but “An island of heaven in Johannesburg” is definitely one of the best, thank you! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location to be great and the staff helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was my third stay in the DaVinci within a year . On all three occasions I have stayed in their one or two bedroomed apartments which are comfortable and well appointed . they also occupy the higher floors and are quieter.

Despite having a few niggles this trip regarding my requested room type not being available on check in and faulty DSTV , this remains my hotel of choice in Johannesburg .

The staff are friendly and service is good . The location is also perfect .

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms backing on to the construction site across the road
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kenny T
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Kenny T,

Thank you for the honest feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate you have taken the time to provide us with your thoughts on your guest experience, both positive and negative. Of course, we regret the fact that there where a few niggles during your stay but hopefully our team resolved these issues as efficiently as possible. We would like to thank you for your continued support over the last year and look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth stay.

Tripoli , Libya
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated in a nice shopping mall. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was modern and suitable for anyone. I stayed in the hotel during Ramadan and as I was fasting and they offered me breakfast in the bedroom without extra charges. The staff were very friendly and professional. The Internet worked in a strange way as I had to renew my subscription every 350 MB. If I visit SA again I will certainly stay at the DIVINCI.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nedo
RuiAntunes, Guest Relations Officer at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Nedo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the TripAdvisor report.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was only our pleasure to accommodate your breakfast requirements during Ramadan. With regards to the internet, you are allocated 350MB per day for your visit, but as you experienced, Reception will assist with additional internet data should it be needed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI hotel in the near future.