“WOW Factor” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Jakarta
“WOW Factor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great hotel, great interior, spacious room, comfortable bed, great breakfast, great attitute, great location.

Few things to be improved is the cleanliness of the carpet. If you barewalk, your feet will get dirty. Internet connection also should be improved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RitchieKurniawan
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear RitchieKurniawan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for bringing the cleanliness of your carpet to my attention. This has been brought to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper and an action plan is being put in place to ensure that all rooms are cleaned according to the DAVINCI standard. We are in the process of switching over to a new internet systems, which will resolve internet connection problems.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

A very nice hotel for the last 2 nights of my month long visit to South Africa. Beautifully designed yet very, very comfortable rooms and public areas. I enjoyed excellent meals from the restaurant and great cappuccinos from the bar by the pool. The staff was very nice and helpful. There was a screw up picking me up from the train station. I had repeated told them Park Station over the phone and they inadvertently sent the car to Sandton Station leaving me stranded, late at night at the more than slightly sketchy station. When the woman on the phone realized where I was, she profusely apologized and sent the car as fast as the driver could go. I got over it by enjoying some great shopping in the attached mall complex.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MMoranski
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear MMoranski,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring the issue of the train station transfer to our attention. I have investigated the matter and the necessary immediate action is being given to the situation to avoid such inconveniences from arising again.

Furthermore I am pleased to see that it was a pleasant ending to your month long stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Having stayed at many hotels around the world, I always look to pick the best one available wherever I go. However this was taken out of my hands as I had come to South Africa for a wedding and the hosts had chosen our accommodation the DaVinci Hotel and Suites. The hotel is aesthetically pleasing with reasonably good service however I still think they could improve in certain areas while the concierge and reception team seem strong the bar and restaurant staff are a bit weak. In terms of taking too long to take an order or actually delivering an order. The rooms are adequate and reasonably sized not the best bathrooms or linen but I have been told that you don't get Egyptian cotton towels in hotels in Johannesburg which I am sure is a lie as I received them at the Coral in Cape Town same country different part. The rooms finish was a bit wayward wonky handles and a dirty carpet so attention to details is needed. The hotel has nice amenities a lovely pool and quick and easy access to Sandton Shopping Mall and Mandela Square which made for nice lunches and quick and easy to get a snack as I found the hotel food options quite limited and sometimes unavailable due to timing/power shortages. It is a good hotel, with a good central location. It could do better but made for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MoSaloojee23
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear MoSaloojee23,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valued feedback and sharing your experience. I will definitely share your comments with the relevant management so that areas such as the bar and restaurant service can be improved. Unfortunately, when we experience a local municipal power failure, some of our kitchen equipment is effected which results in a limited menu being available during that time. I have spoken to our Executive Chef and we will look at expanding the options available should we experience another power failure.

I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel aesthetically pleasing and that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel in the near future.

Copenhagen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Its very good located for transportation, its a short walk from Gautrain if you arrive/leave via airport. Restaurants and shops are also just around The corner. Its not Big rooms but it has what you need and for The Price its definitely worth it. The Service they gave me was very friendly and quick, they actually have a desire to help you. I Can only recommend this place especially because it fair priced.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Torben K
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Torben K,

We thank you for your words of praise and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

As a regular, we once again look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed at Da Vinci twice already. Good service and friendly staff who welcomed me the 2nd time with a "welcome home". It is the perfect place to stay if you love shopping-the mall is not too far!

There is also a good spa.

Will definitely stay there during my next trip to Joburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank zac06
RuiAntunes, Rooms Divisions Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Tina1606,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Not the biggest or flashiest hotel in the huge Sandton conference-shopping-office complex, but welcoming, helpful, and personal makes the difference. Coped well with an internet foul-up that had booked into a full hotel. Good rooms and service, as expected in hotels of this category. It is the intangible atmosphere (listening? staff relations?) that will lead to another visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank metro a
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Metro A,

We would like to thank you for your kind words as well as taking the time to share your experience with us.

Although the hotel is unique in appearance and perfectly situated in the Sandton CBD, I am so pleased to hear that it is the ‘secret recipe’ of our staff and the service given that left a memorable impression for you.

We too look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice in may2012 and must say was very impressed. From the chauffeur driver o checking to rom service the staff are the friendliest that I have ever encountered. Amazing location, and the two bedroom suite was everything I could have hoped for after a 17 hour flight from OZ. wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter F
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Peter,F.

On behalf of all management and staff at the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites, we warmly thank you for your kind words.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and as you said, we too look forward to welcoming you back again.