$176
$106
$73
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

$157
  • Restaurant
$76
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$114
$110
  • Pool
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge malldirect accessshower and toiletexcellent hotelmodern hotelnespresso machinelate checkoutstar hotelthe air conditioningsouth africaturn down servicemini barbusiness tripbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed one night at the DaVinci on business, the hotel was beautiful, modern and very comfortable. The hotel staff couldn't do enough for you, they were all very polite and made me feel extremely welcome, nothing was too much trouble.

I had a twin room, room was large and very comfortable, the bathroom was huge with large bath and seperate shower, all very clean and to the highest standards. My room overlooked the pool area, unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to use this facility but it looked like a great place to relax.

I would definately return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. One very satisfied customer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucie080
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Lucie080

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

We constantly strive to offer the best possible levels of service and your comments are testament to this.

We look forward to once again sharing our warm hospitality with you in the future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed October 15, 2012

What a lovely experience to arrive at the DaVinci Hotel the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was decorated in great taste and such a beautiful view of Sandton from our corner suit. The restaurant was a dinning out experience the food and ambiance was accompanied by a pianist to say the least a perfect setting for a romantic dinner for two.
I would highly recommend the DaVinci Hotel for anyone traveling and enjoys good service and tranquil surroundings.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suit
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tracey S

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

Best Wishes

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a booked a room at the DaVinci Hotel through booking.com, mainly because of its proximity to Nelson Mandela Square. I received confirmation and verified the day prior to travel. When I arrived, I was told that the hotel was overbooked. The hotel moved me to the Radisson Blu, which honored the same rate. However, the Radisson is a kilometer away from Nelson Mandela Square. When I contacted booking.com, I was told that they are only a go-between. They contacted the hotel who apologized for the "unforeseen circumstances."

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Bruno S

Dear Bruno S

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us the valued feedback. We can assure you all comments are taken seriously as it assists us in correcting our service shortcomings.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced upon your arrival at our hotel. This is most definitely not the service and standard we pride ourselves on as we were faced with a unique situation. Corrective action will be taken where needed to ensure that the way your situation was handled does not happen again.

I look forward to hearing from you as to what we can do to ensure you return.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a brief stopover in JNB and were impressed with what we saw of this hotel.

The rooms were uber modern and had great decor and the bathroom was luxurious. The bed was super comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and the breakfast restaurant had real character.

Efficient and comfortable airport transfer and a complimentary lift to the Gautrain station was offered on our departure.

The only negative was that we could hear quite loudly whenever the door next door was closed - I'm not sure if we were in a room that can be joined to another or something and hence the two doors were very close and so this noise carried?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Sandton and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is especially rewarding to read your kind comments about the staff - feedback such as yours is a great motivator for our employees and I would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation. We very much look forward to welcoming you back one day soon !

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Fabulous hotel in a great location. It is connected to Sandton City Mall. I stayed for a week and am looking forward to going back next year. I has to change rooms after two days because the room next to me refused to stop smoking. The hotel switched me to a different room without any questions. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Breakfast offered a lot of variety. I even checked out late and they didn't charge me. Overall excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Just a short note of gratitude for the kind recommendations of our beloved hotel, especially coming from a TripAdvisor contributor such as yourself.

We will share and celebrate your feedback with all of the team members at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,