“Wish I could find something bad to say!”

DaVinci Hotel and Suites
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Fantastic rooms, full size bath tub. Huge bed. Great view of sandton city. Helpful staff. and SAFE. Cant wait to go to jo'burg again to stay in this great hotel! Best I have ever stayed in! The location is amazing as well with elevators descending into the casino and sandtoncity complex.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm delighted to hear that you had a good stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Best wishes,
Rui Antunes
Rooms Division Manager

There are newer reviews for DaVinci Hotel and Suites

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Everything was gleaming of mirrors and chrome, my architect husband even noticed the columns were mirrored. Great breakfast buffet, service, access to computer, friendly staff. Great and some high end shopping (Louis Vuitton, Guicci, Ferragamo) couple of elevators away. One of our travelers, traveling alone, was assisted to the shopping area by a staff member which she appreciated!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
RuiAntunes, Front Office Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Caith S

We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your stay at DAVINCI Hotel and Suites. It is fantastic to hear that the Team took care of you and made your stay enjoyable.

It is also pleasing to hear that you were impressed by our decor, we have Stephen Falcke a Internationally recognised Interior Designer to thank for all the beauty surrounding us on a daily basis.

We trust that your journey back home was a pleasant one and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Wow! It's not often that a hotel takes my breath away but this one did. It's situated in Mandela Square and is near great shopping and restaurants. After driving for hours aroung the region, I was glad to get back to this place each evening. Staff were attentive and friendly. No complaints!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Charles N

We thank you for your valued feedback and we are flattered by your remarks. We are aiming to be the preferred hospitality destination in Johannesburg and to hear that you rate us up there means alot!

I will relay your message to our Team, who I am sure will be encouraged by these remarks.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

An apt name for excellence as Da Vinci excelled in art, science and now hotel accommodation
From outstanding guest services, plush rooms, international connection via WI-fi, pretty good gym and pool and generous food , this stay exceeded my expectations. Not to forget location.

Stayed: August 2012

Dear bss_11

Wow! We are truly flattered and honoured by your remarks and amazing feedback!

We will share your remarks with the Team, who I am sure will be thrilled with these remarks.

We trust that your journey back home was a pleasant one. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I only stayed in JHB for two nights and the Da Vinci was the perfect choice. The location was great for shopping and business. I would also like to mention the front desk, especially the lady duty manager was very helpfull and friendly. The rooms were well appointed and beautifully decorated, a bit noisy if you want to sleep in as many guests are staying for work and bang their doors when they leave. The only down side of my stay was the breakfast. The food seemed old/stale and a part from one staff member who made the pancakes the rest were not very helpfull.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear GinaNeilson

We appreciate the time you took to rate your stay at DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

It is pleasing to hear that your overall stay was an enjoyable experience. We are however disappointed that our food did not live up to you expectations and the standards we strive to uphold. Your comments have been relayed to our Food and Beverage Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on you next visit to Johannesburg and delighting you in Maximillien Restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here August 2012 first stop in South Africa. Staff were nice. We reserved 2 single beds and when checking in (we were quite tired from our overnight flight) told them separate beds, but once to our room were provided one queen, this was fixed within 20 mins. They took a credit card hold of R1,500 which I did not like as now will have to pay exchang to note this was credited at end of my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Northpath

Dear Northpath

We thank you for the time you took to rate your stay at DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

We apologise for the slight error with regards to your bed type requested, I am however glad that our Housekeeping Team responded swiftly to rectify the mistake.

We trust that your journey back home was a safe one. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you are planning on staying at the Da Vinci for a day or two, by all means go ahead and make your reservation with some confidence. You are likely to have a perfectly fine experience. However, if you are planning on staying for more than a few days (for a few weeks, in my case), my recommendation is that you look elsewhere. While the hotel has some very diligent housekeeping staff, unfortunately, there are many bad apples in the bunch -- poorly trained, careless, inefficient or all of the above. I witnessed a lot of corner-cutting and sometimes unsanitary housekeeping practices.

I was astonished by the uneven and unpredictable quality of housekeeping services. The staff were often forgetful about replacing the towels and worse, the toilet paper! On really good days, I would get a fresh set of washcloths. On super awesome days, I would get both bodywash AND shampoo. Most of the time though, the staff forgot one thing or another. I eventually decided to purchase my own soap, tissue paper and toilet paper because I got tired of calling the front desk to ask for those items.

The room service menu was uninspired and bland. I was surprised to see that not a single item on the menu represented the diverse South African cuisine. Over the weeks, I sampled nearly everything on the limited menu and was thoroughly underwhelmed.

As evidenced by the many rave reviews, the hotel is perhaps more mindful of their short-term guests. However, as a long-term guest, I did not receive value commensurate to the hefty fees I paid for my stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Leona F

Dear Leona F

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this survey, as it assists us in correcting our service shortcomings and we would like to assure you that we take your comments very seriously.

We are extremely disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations and the standards we pride ourselves on, for this we sincerely apologise.
It has been roughly a year since your stay with us, In the interim we have made many improvements to enhance the overall experience and satisfaction of our short and long term guests.

In light of the above, we would welcome the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Johannesburg

Jason Mulligan and the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites Team