All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge malldirect accessshower and toiletexcellent hotelmodern hotelnespresso machinelate checkoutstar hotelthe air conditioningsouth africaturn down servicemini barbusiness triprooms are spacious
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were forced to spend a night in Jo'burg and decided to stay here because it was in a safe area and the hotel was modern and clean.
It's connected to a shopping mall so it gave us something to do for a few hours in the afternoon. It's also near to the Butchers Bar and Grill restaurant which I'd highly recommend you go to for dinner as it's FANTASTIC.
We also organised for the hotel to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. It was expensive but given that a lot of 'taxi' drivers in Jo'burg aren't registered we felt it was worth the expense to stay safe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Sandton and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is especially rewarding to read your kind comments about the staff - feedback such as yours is a great motivator for our employees and I would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation. We very much look forward to welcoming you back one day soon !

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have now stayed at the Davinci during my business trips every quarter for the last 2 years. I really love everything about the hotel. The location is fabulous, pleanty of excellent restaurants and shopping connected to the hotel. Most of all the staff and management get my highest rating for care, courtesy and genuine hospitality.

Room Tip: I have always stayed in a junior suite which is a nice size and has all the amenities of a modern hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Just a short note of gratitude for the kind recommendations of our beloved hotel, especially coming from a TripAdvisor contributor such as yourself.

We will share and celebrate your feedback with all of the team members at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My whole family stayed at the DaVinci in Sandton for 4 days, great hotel, the staff was very good, great location attached to 3 malls; shopping, dining. Good service from the front desk & the restaurant staff was lovely & very attentive, housekeeping was very pleasant & helpful.

Only recommendation: Be careful with your valuables when using baggage storage. Do not leave luggage that can not be zippered locked; they provide the zipper lock. Then check bags before loading up to exit the hotel. When we returned home, 3 electronic devices were missing. Hotel security was responsive, but there is little they can do, days after the incident.

Overall, we will have fond memories of our stay in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PJshell
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback and providing us with detail around your guest experience. Knowing whether guests leave completely satisfied (or not) is key for us to improve our services and facility, hence we appreciate your valuable comments.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My had a lovely experience at this prestigious hotel.It was just for 2nights,honestly I almost extended my stay.I stayed in the apartment on the 12th floor,had a wonderful view of santon.i recommend this hotel for any traveller that has taste for quality and sophistication.

1  Thank Epuchie N
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm delighted to hear that you had a good stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is just a lovely, well-run property. I was there for four nights on business. Staff were just wonderful, like the time I messed up my room key like three times or something. Very patient.

The rooms are clean and new and very cool. It's quite a contemporary feel, glass walls on the bathroom etc. So if this is not your thing you won't love it. But I liked it a lot. Though I couldn't help thinking if I'd been sharing a room there's not a lot left to the imagination from a sound perspective in those bathrooms. So if you're the modest type and sharing a room the DaVinci might not be for you. Internet worked great which was important for me being on business. Bed was awesome, Grohe fixtures in the bath. All just tip top.

The bar and restaurant scene can be a bit subdued so if you want action at the hotel you might look elsewhere. For me, feeling jet lag and just wanting a peaceful drink it was perfect.

Food was excellent at the restaurant. There are light and heavy options -- I mostly opted to eat apps for dinner. I found the breakfast to be alright but not amazing. The only part of the experience that was not perfection. But maybe that's because the coffee always seemed a bit slow coming. I have to say this was one area the the Raddisson Blu Guatrain where I have also stayed in Sandton was better.

But overall it would be hard to find a better hotel anywhere.