$177
$189
$144
InterContinental
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

$118
$186
$115
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge malldirect accessshower and toiletexcellent hotelmodern hotelnespresso machinelate checkoutstar hotelthe air conditioningsouth africaturn down servicemini barbusiness tripbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have now stayed at the Davinci during my business trips every quarter for the last 2 years. I really love everything about the hotel. The location is fabulous, pleanty of excellent restaurants and shopping connected to the hotel. Most of all the staff and management get my highest rating for care, courtesy and genuine hospitality.

Room Tip: I have always stayed in a junior suite which is a nice size and has all the amenities of a modern hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Just a short note of gratitude for the kind recommendations of our beloved hotel, especially coming from a TripAdvisor contributor such as yourself.

We will share and celebrate your feedback with all of the team members at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My whole family stayed at the DaVinci in Sandton for 4 days, great hotel, the staff was very good, great location attached to 3 malls; shopping, dining. Good service from the front desk & the restaurant staff was lovely & very attentive, housekeeping was very pleasant & helpful.

Only recommendation: Be careful with your valuables when using baggage storage. Do not leave luggage that can not be zippered locked; they provide the zipper lock. Then check bags before loading up to exit the hotel. When we returned home, 3 electronic devices were missing. Hotel security was responsive, but there is little they can do, days after the incident.

Overall, we will have fond memories of our stay in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PJshell
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback and providing us with detail around your guest experience. Knowing whether guests leave completely satisfied (or not) is key for us to improve our services and facility, hence we appreciate your valuable comments.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My had a lovely experience at this prestigious hotel.It was just for 2nights,honestly I almost extended my stay.I stayed in the apartment on the 12th floor,had a wonderful view of santon.i recommend this hotel for any traveller that has taste for quality and sophistication.

1  Thank Epuchie N
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest

I'm delighted to hear that you had a good stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is just a lovely, well-run property. I was there for four nights on business. Staff were just wonderful, like the time I messed up my room key like three times or something. Very patient.

The rooms are clean and new and very cool. It's quite a contemporary feel, glass walls on the bathroom etc. So if this is not your thing you won't love it. But I liked it a lot. Though I couldn't help thinking if I'd been sharing a room there's not a lot left to the imagination from a sound perspective in those bathrooms. So if you're the modest type and sharing a room the DaVinci might not be for you. Internet worked great which was important for me being on business. Bed was awesome, Grohe fixtures in the bath. All just tip top.

The bar and restaurant scene can be a bit subdued so if you want action at the hotel you might look elsewhere. For me, feeling jet lag and just wanting a peaceful drink it was perfect.

Food was excellent at the restaurant. There are light and heavy options -- I mostly opted to eat apps for dinner. I found the breakfast to be alright but not amazing. The only part of the experience that was not perfection. But maybe that's because the coffee always seemed a bit slow coming. I have to say this was one area the the Raddisson Blu Guatrain where I have also stayed in Sandton was better.

But overall it would be hard to find a better hotel anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Sandton and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is especially rewarding to read your kind comments about the staff - feedback such as yours is a great motivator for our employees and I would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation. We very much look forward to welcoming you back one day soon !

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 20, 2012

In June 2012 I had to stay at the DaVinci hotel in Sandton for a couple of nights during as part of a business trip. It was my first trip to South Africa so I was glad to be placed in a safe neighborhood like Sandton. Normally I would prefer not to stay in a shopping mall but here I was fine with it.

The room and service are good and as you would expect from a hotel of this category. Only the gym was rather small and unimpressive.

On the wekend I asked the hotel to arrange for some sightseeing tours with a personal driver. The concierge recommended a personal friend who picked us up on Saturday morning. The first stop, the Apartheid Museum, was interesting and I enjoyed it. The tour them continued to Soweto. After a few minutes he pulled over and handed me over to a local tour guide in the middle of a slum. We walked a few meters and then it became clear that this was a scam with the sole purpose to get as much money out of my pocket as possible. I asked the driver to drive me back to the hotel immediately.

I complained to the manager on duty who appeared helpless and ensured that this was meant to be a local experience and no one ever complained before. I entrusted the hotel with my personal safety and they had nothing better to do to send me to a tourist trap in a rather uncomfortable environment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paull421
JvanderMerwe, General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it assists us in correcting our service shortcomings and I would like to assure you that we take your comments very seriously.

Regarding the tour to Soweto and your experience thereof, we regret the impression you have and assure you that our intention of offering such tours is purely an opportunity for visiting guests to experience the lifestyles of the people in the different areas in and around Johannesburg, displaying the diversity in environments and cultures. I assure you that the guide used is an experienced and accredited field guide and one that we make use of for all our tours to these areas.

With immediate effect though, we will be revisiting the way in which we sell these tours and also what is offered. Understandably not all guests experience these tours the same and therefore we will be looking at offering various depths of tours, so one more in detail and another covering the basics. I would also like to let you know that once we have established these alternative tours, I will personally go on each one to ensure that they are up to the standard of our international and local guests, keeping your comments in mind.

Again we are saddened to hear of your discontent with the tour and would like to invite you back whenever you visit South Africa again to come and experience one of the tours on a complimentary basis. Also once we have established the different packages, we will revert back to you with the full details of each.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,