$189
$204
$156
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$135
$106
$235
$167
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$125
$115
$109
$92
  • Pool
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge malldirect accessshower and toiletexcellent hotelmodern hotelnespresso machinelate checkoutstar hotelthe air conditioningsouth africaturn down servicemini barbusiness tripbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The location of the hotel is great, the rooms are extremely clean and interestingly designed. For an 'artsy' type modern room it works well. Just wish the glass doors between the bathroom area and the bedroom area actually worked.

There is a great deal of noise from the corridor of the hotel as the noise is carried down the tight passage and then echos in the entrance areas for the rooms.

The main problem with this hotel is the staff. The Reception staff make numbers of mistakes so make sure you check everything they do.

The room service menu is severely lacking in any of the normal room service standards (could be a good thing, but it isn't replaced with anything much). This seems mainly because of the restaurant they use Maximillen. Maximillen when you look at the menu of the resturant is nothing to shout about and the breakfast buffet service in there is just so inefficient. Its hard to see whats going wrong in the restaurant as all the staff seem to be busy, having watched the staff while I was having breakfast there for 5 days. It seems that all the staff try to do all the jobs as such the easy jobs and the nice jobs are completed quickly but the basics of cleaning tables and getting clean dishes to be put near the buffet just doesn't get done. Also getting any hot drinks is hit an miss as if you go and ask they are not happy but you are never asked if you would like any.

Other than for breakfast the hotel is so close to the restaurants on Nelson Mandela Square that you need not bother with Maximillien at all and just take a short walk to places cheaper with better selections where the staff don't seem to be working, but everything is perfect.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor overlooking the Sandton Centre. Didnt hear much noise from the Centre but also it is not a great view. Having said that I was there at night (working during the day) and the curtains were close 90% of the time so I didnt care.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JvanderMerwe, General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this survey, as it assists us in correcting our service shortcomings and I would like to assure you that we take your comments very seriously.

We appreciate the valuable feedback regarding the room service menu and the service during breakfast in the Maximillien. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the letter for payment, we have investigated and found that this was purely an error on our side and should never have happened. The completed guest questionnaire has been forwarded to all Management in the various departments and the corrective action will be taken where necessary.

Again I thank you for your time, and I reiterate that this is not the standard of the DAVINCI.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Robert Hodson

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I only stayed here one night but this is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed at. It's stylish with really down to earth service. My room was gorgeous with a balcony that leads to the pool area. The staff go out of their way to help you with anything. They hooked me up with a tour guide, "Tim" who took me to Joburg and Pretoria. They also booked me with Kolo. Who took me to the Apartheid Museum and Soweto. Both were great guides. this room was a dream. I want to recreate it in my own bedroom. The head of concierge was awesome. I forgot his name but he deserves a raise

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank urbandeco24
JvanderMerwe, Front Office Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear StevenBFla

Wow! we are extremely flattered and honoured by your amazing comments and feedback about DAVINCI Hotel and our Team members.I will convey your message to the Team (Billy, our Head Concierge, would be most pleased about the "raise") as well as the Tour Guides, who I am sure will be encouraged by these remarks.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Jason Mulligan and the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites Team

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I booked my wife and I into this magnificent hotel and included in our price then was full english breakfast including a full body massage and hot stones. The experience from the concierge to reception was excellent. The hotel is the tighest security and very safe. You can walk to Sandton Mall/Mandela Square with easy access. Our room was decorated with red petals, a bottle of JC and a personalised welcome letter from the Manager. The manager also writes his own personal mobile number in case you need that final touch. The check in/out process was efficient and you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for the availability of the Junior Suite and you might be fortunate to be upgraded for free or pay little extra. I love the bath tub in the middle of the room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Romeo M

Dear Romeo M

We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your stay at DAVINCI Hotel and Suites. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all your requests and needs were fulfilled. I will share your comments with our Team, who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

It was an absolute pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Warm Regards,

Jason Mulligan and the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites Team.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went to the Da Vinci Hotel and Suites in Johannesburg as part of a transit journey back to India. Had tried out the Westin and the Radisson Blue in Johannesburg before this. Da Vinci Sandton makes for a great place to stay for a variety of reasons, primary of which are:

1. Location - Right on Nelson Mandela Square
2. Service - very friendly staff : ensured we were comfortable and welcomed right from the minute we stepped in
3. Food options - Being in Mandela square also meant that we had a wide variety of cuisines to choose from (both vegetarian and non vegetarian options are excellent)
4. Comfortable rooms - spacious and clean, the rooms were very comfortable. Fast Wifi is an added bonus

Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VRangarajan

Dear Mr VRangarajan

Thank you for choosing to stay with DAVINCI Hotel and Suites, and for taking the time to provide us with some incredible feedback. I will convey your positive message back to our Team, who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks. We trust your journey back home was safe and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Joburg.

Jason Mulligan and the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites Team

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at this Hotel for one night after our wedding, before we left SA for ou Honeymoon. The staff was very friendly and professional. The Sandton Shopping Centre is close, for all the last minute shopping, or just to enjoy a drink at one of the many restaurants.

The Hotel is very nice, rooms are very comfortable. The location is just perfect!

I will definately suggest this hotel to all my friends.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Just a short note of gratitude for the kind recommendations of our beloved hotel, especially coming from a TripAdvisor contributor such as yourself.

We will share and celebrate your feedback with all of the team members at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,