$177
$189
$144
InterContinental
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

$228
$110
$91
Sandton Sun(Sandton)
$213
$186
$114
  • Pool
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge malldirect accessshower and toiletexcellent hotelmodern hotelnespresso machinelate checkoutstar hotelthe air conditioningsouth africaturn down servicemini barbusiness tripbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you're here for a day or two, you'll be fine. The rooms are very spacious and roomy. Check in/out is prompt and efficient. The hotel connects to Mandela Square where outdoor restaurants can be found and by bridge way to Sandton City Mall where souvenir stores (Caroll Boyes), shops, and fast-food (Nandos) can be found.

There's wine bar on the floor below the reception floor. Beside it is Maximillien which serves excellent breakfast fare. I particularly enjoyed the spicy giblet stew.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JoseRizal
Jvandermerwe, Front Office Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear JoseRizal

We appreciate the time you took to rate your stay with us; I am sure that our team will be encouraged by your positive remarks. The spicy giblet stew seems to be a winner, a couple of guests have mentioned this, I will advise the Chef. We look forward to hosting you in future.

Warm Regards,

Jason Mulligan
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Was really blown away by this hotel from aspects. The rooms are well appointed, location is good, parking complimentary and great for access to all routes. The staff are well trained and helpful. the highlight was the Bfast room where staff and buffet were excellent!!

The hotel does a great job and I would highly reccomend it.

Room Tip: Well placed with loads of coffee shops all around so make sure you explore!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deneys
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

We constantly strive to offer the best possible levels of service and your comments are testament to this.

We look forward to once again sharing our warm hospitality with you in the future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Loved this hotel. Total experience. Checkin was flawless and personal. Was one of the first hotels where they took the time to explain the facilities, restaurants, spa etc. I had made a request in my online booking and they acknowledged and accommodated this. The room was lovely and the bed so comfortable. Security was great. Always someone at the elevators and the floors were secured. The hotel is attached to Sandton City and Mandela Square. You do not have to leave to experience the best shopping and restaurants in Joburg. The spa is honestly one of the best I've visited but the technician was A+++ amazing. I think one of the best I've ever experienced. Breakfast was incredible.
I asked for a late checkout and there was no problem. Wonderful hotel and staff..and so glad I chose this property for my business trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank casamoir
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Just a short note of gratitude for the kind recommendations of our beloved hotel, especially coming from a TripAdvisor contributor such as yourself.

We will share and celebrate your feedback with all of the team members at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. We organized a conference at this hotel and stayed for a week. The rooms were wonderful, the staff were involved in all aspects of the conference planning and smooth execution, all hotel staff could not have been more kind, professional, and attending to every need. The food was spectacular, and the location right in the middle of Sandton was fantastic.

If you want South African hospitality, the DaVinci takes the concept to the highest level.

I will not stay anywhere else when I am in Johannesburg. Thank you to all members of staff for a spectacular job very well done.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I'm delighted to hear that you had a good stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Lovely hotel. My room didn't have the best view (looked out over the construction site that is the Sandton City parking lot), but it was decorated beautifully with lots of attention to detail. Centrally located. It wasn't perfect however. I had a bit of a negative experience on the last day when I called in to ask for a "late" check out - I only needed an additional hour, but the person on the call refused to budge on this (even though I knew some of my fellow colleagues had been able to get late check out and much later than I was asking for). When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told he was "in a meeting" and apparently indefinitely. I really don't think this is acceptable and it was a huge inconvenience to me as I needed the additional hour to pack etc.

Another small gripe, I asked for an ironing board/iron (which I needed to use over my stay) and was told that I couldn't keep it in my room and had to keep requesting it. I think a 5 star hotel should be able to provide this without the hassle, so I would suggest DaVinci stock up on these or include them in the rooms as standard given the volume of business travel they probably get.

On a positive customer service note - I dealt with a wonderful guy on reception (Sammy) who went out of his way to help me with a document I needed scanned, he was fantastic. I really was disappointed with what happened the following day (regarding the inflexibility on late check out) as I was going to write a very glowing review. Otherwise - a nice experience and I would recommend it (unless you need an hour later check out ;-))

Room Tip: Don't expect too much of a view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Desertmadam
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback and providing us with detail around your guest experience. Knowing whether guests leave completely satisfied (or not) is key for us to improve our services and facility, hence we appreciate your valuable comments.

Kind Regards