“Amazing!!”
Review of Claires of Sandton

Claires of Sandton
Ranked #2 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were privileged to spend a weekend at Claires of Sandton a few weeks ago. What an amazing experience!!

Thank you for the best weekend ever! Your absolute attention to detail and service was a warm welcome and so much appreciated. We enjoyed the feeling of being away from home, almost as if in a foreign country far away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Friendly and hospitable staff made it difficult to pack our bags and say goodbye when the journey had ended.

Just thinking about the breakfast makes me hungry all over again. An assortment fit for a King, and everything in between. It catered to every whimsical taste requirement and we were left with a warm and fuzzy, and extremely satisfied tummy!

Thank you once again for giving us such an amazing weekend. We enjoyed it and would go back any day of the year for another visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

You two will have to return in Summer for a swim and breakfast at the pool. You are welcome back ANYTIME.

There are newer reviews for Claires of Sandton

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to various b&b in South Africa! This one definitely deserves the 4stars! Lovely property, the rooms are decorated beautifully and tastefully with everything you need! Great staff, owner, super breakfast and perfect location. I place I will gladly go back to!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you both for your generous compliments. From the moment you arrived, you were both so friendly and now that we have met, we hope to see you more often. Looking forward to the Kleiner Keiler.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My business partner and I wanted to be close to Sandton on this business trip but we wanted to be away from the bustle of the city, since we had a car. The welcome was as courteous as the online booking communication as was the attention throughout our two-night stay. Although the hotel was small and full we loved the way guests could have breakfast in different parts of the dining areas and verandah. We loved the breakfast - the taste and the portions - and the fact that prior to dinner we could sprawl on the verandah in comfortable sofas to polish up our whisky and soda in absolute peace and quiet. Don't ever think of picking any of Claire's oranges on the wall behind the breakfast rooms - she leaves them there for them to go through the seasons.... and the sight of the birds feeding kept us close to nature. And that's coming from one fussy traveller!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank iozone1
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Second business trip to Jo'burg area recently. Stayed at Claire's for the second time. I'll be there again. It's a no-brainer. The rooms are top hotel standard, but it's a personal, informal and friendly atmosphere. Great experience. Well cared for......so helpful......those important 'little things' have been thought of.....can't say much else!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

You are such gracious guests and we thoroughly enjoy our chats (especially at breakfast).
The "little things" are so important and we are grateful that you appreciate them. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jo'burg.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I wish I could explain in words how grateful I am to Claire, Chantal, Zodwa, Irene, Lamlile and Cindy for making my stay an unforgettable experience! I have stayed at many a BnB and none come close to the level of service and attention to detail that Claire's provides. Claire and her staff took me under their wings and pampered me with a beautiful room, lovely chats and the most amazing breakfasts I've had in years! Waking up to a view of the sparkling blue pool and luscious green garden cannot get any better! I also have to comment on the friendliness and continuous effort to accommodate every need and request. What a superb place - Thank you Claire and staff for all that you do, you are truly marvelous!

• Stayed: May 2013
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

What can we say except thank you. You became part of the family and we all miss you. Breakfast is vey different without you; Zodwa has your veg mix ready for your next visit (July?). Let us know the results of your exams, either way, we'll celebrate.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family group of 9 (3 gen.) took the whole upstairs rooms at Claires at our 2 visits in April and May. We had a great time. The staffs were all v. helpful. "Z" was on site 24/7 almost so assistance was always available. We wouldn't stay at anywhere else if we visit Jo'burg again. Honestly I don't know how Claire can offer such luxury at this great rate. At night, we couldn't hear any sound from the streets so a v. quiet neighborhood. V. safe!

Room Tip: Room 2 upstairs is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Being a part of your family holiday in SA was a treat and a wonderful experience for us. You were gracious guests and we are delighted that you had a great time.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and if I need to stay in the Johannesburg area I will always choose Claire's! Where to start? The rooms are clean and completely lovely - all modern furnishings and fixtures (even underfloor heating in my bathroom in the room I stayed in this time around!) The staff are lovely and will take real care of you. There are so many nice little touches in the rooms such as the provision of a caffetiere and "proper" coffee as well as some really cool little snacks as additions to the usual hotel mini-bar selection (the bags of dried peaches are my favourite!) There's also a microwave and some cutlery and other bits and bobs in the rooms which just makes life a bit more convenient if you don't always have time to head out for dinner. The breakfast is so delicious and has such individual style from the yummy plates of fruit to the home cooked food and the mind boggling selection of teas available!!! Wi-fi is free and fast (I really can't stress how much I no longer take free wi-fi for granted these days - if I find a place which includes it they get a big thumbs up!!) and to top it all off the rate is so reasonable. I really cannot find fault with this place - in fact my colleague is now also a big fan of Claire's since I also booked him in here this trip. Two happy customers :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for noticing all the "nice little touches" in your room. The free and fast Wi-Fi is an added extra that many of our guests find essential and we are delighted that you made good use of it. We hope to see you on your next trip to South Africa.