Garden Court Sandton City
$207
$159
InterContinental
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$212
$155
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$148
$126
$215
$145
1,644 results
All reviewssandton citynelson mandela squareexcellent locationgautrain stationconvention centerwalking distancetsogo sunshort stayrooms are cleanclose proximityconvenient locationeasy accessbreakfast was excellentroom serviceenjoyed my staybusiness tripshopping mall
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night only. We had to attend a wedding in the area.

The check in was smooth and efficient. Rooms were clean and fresh. The shower in the bathroom was much appreciated, instead of the shower head in the bath tub and the shower curtain sticking to your body. Check out also was fast and efficient.

Now for the negatives. - the lifts were a major problem. - there were three lifts but none operational on the Saturday night. This was a major issue as we had to attend a wedding but but could not get down. I had tried to order room service before the wedding but the phones were not answered.

When we got up in the morning the room was flooded with water from the air conditioner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank imraan2
RedLinz, General Manager at Garden Court Sandton City, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Imraan,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Your time and comments are sincerely appreciated. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. All of your concerns have been noted and in fact rectified already. Due to the extensive refurbishment that the hotel was undergoing, we did have some problems with the lifts and airconditioners which have been rectified.

I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The same agent was there for my my check in and check out. She was extremely unfriendly during check in, keyed in the wrong # for my credit card, and she was sick and coughing on everything/everywhere. At checkout, she keyed in the credit card number wrong again, and kept insisting it was the card, I had to call my credit card company on my mobile (international call) for them to tell me that she had keyed in the wrong expiration date. Again she denied it, but gave it one last try - and the card worked. The checkout process took 20 minutes. Again, she was coughing on everything/everywhere. I understand staff gets sick, but if if effects the public, they should not be front desk staff. Not once did she apologize for any inconvenience. I can be pretty understanding but her attitude and no apology was unacceptable.

Also, I tried to call the consierge desk for 15 minutes and could not get an answer. Finally I went down to ask for luggage assistance and it was brought down.
I've stayed at the other Garden Court before (in the same area) and I didn't have these experiences. The location and price are great, but given the service I received, it's doubtful I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NB-in-MG
RedLinz, General Manager at Garden Court Sandton City, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear NB - in-MG,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us. It is appreciated and aids in improving our service offering.
I sincerely apologise for the shocking service received from the receptionist and assure you that we have already taken the necessary action to ensure that this does not occur again.
I have taken all your comments into consideration and ask that you please visit us again when you are next in Sandton. I assure you that you will note a vast improvement in service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have used and continue to use this hotel for business travels.

The staff go out of their way to accommodate their guests and have yet to encounter any form of unsatisfactory service.

Location is great if want a central point to operate from within JHB.

Would recommend this hotel at all levels - accommodation, service and meals.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brendon W
Amelia V, Reservations Manager at Garden Court Sandton City, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our hotel.
We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sunny Regards

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I often stay at this hotel for business purposes and always enjoy the convenience it offers. A mere 2 minute walk from the Gautrain station and over the road from Sandton City and it's many restaurants and shops. Facilities are clean, breakfast is a standard affair. Be sure to ask for a room on the upper levels far away from elevator for a peaceful nights sleep. Check in is often slow as the staff seem to run on their own schedule. Despite this aspect and the expense (R1200 per night) there is no substitute for the hotel's location and comfort.

Room Tip: Upper levels away from elevators are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Moonumber2

Dear Moonumber2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is sincerely appreciated and aids in improving our service.
Please accept my apologies for the slow check in service. I assure you that we are working on improving this.
We also have a complimentary shuttle to the Gautrain station, should you wish to make use of this in the future.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Being a bit of a frequent guest since the hotel opened, I believe we've been through two refurbishments. The most significant change I recall from the first refit was, while the bath remained, was the replacement of the original straight shower rail with curved one. Although a small change, the fact that the shower curtain wasn’t sucked in and stuck to your body was a great improvement. The need to weigh-down the corners of the curtain with shampoo bottles if you wanted to avoid flooding the bathroom remained. However, within a few weeks of our previous visit things had radically changed. The second refurbishment has provided a walk-in shower, which is a great improvement as far as I am concerned but less so for my wife, who regrets the demise of the bath. It seems that the price paid for this shower upgrade is a reduction in space between shower and WC. The toilet roll holder is poorly position, making it difficult even for somebody with a normal `BMI’, such as my wife and I, to extract the toilet paper. The original more than ample triangular corner vanity unit has been replaced with what appears to be an interior designer’s aberration. The curved edge of which is very convenient for bottles of expensive perfume with a propensity for suicide to slid off. Less permanent flaws we found were the bathroom light switch was faulty, the lack of the usually ice bucket, broken pedal bin and a panel, under the dressing table, hinged at the bottom that fell open and hit my leg. On the good side; the new bigger television was an improvement and for a change, the air-conditioning worked. Despite my criticism this hotel is a really good place to stay. For the price, the rooms are excellent, the choice of breakfast is good and it is so conveniently located for access to Sandton City.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M

Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is sincerely appreciated. I am so glad that you like the new improvements to our bedrooms and bathrooms. I have definitely taken all your comments into account and am ensuring that improvements are made along the way.

I look forward to meeting with you during your next stay.