“Hotel good, watch out for the "in house" taxi service”

Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
York, United Kingdom
“Hotel good, watch out for the "in house" taxi service”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed overnight at the Radisson on two separate occasions en route/returning to/from the Kruger National Park. The pick up from Jo'burg railway station to the hotel was nearly 2 hours late, and the taxi to the airport on the way home was never booked! Although the hotel promised to investigate, ultimately nothing ever happened. This shouldn't happen, the taxi firm are in the hotel and sit alongside the concierge desk on the ground floor! Apart from this, the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear ray s,

Warm greetings from Johannesburg!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We take all our guest incidents very seriously & would like to apologise for your transfers being delayed & incorrectly booked, we will discuss this with our in house transfer company to avoid this from happening to other clients in future.

I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel - we hope you enjoyed your time in the Kruger and look forward to having you stay a little longer on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Eirik Bergvoll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It was weird going to a high floor to registration, but it is what it is. Rooms are OK, when i took a shower, the shower/bathroom got flooded and I've heard someone complaining of a similar problem... nothing fancy - just a normal, regular business hotel room.
the gym though is excellent! strongly recommend it!

Dear LoraTraveling,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on TripAdvisor - we really appreciate your feedback.

We have done extensive work on our showers to improve the drainage facility & are sorry to hear you experienced a flooding bathroom - our Maintenance team will address this issue in your room to avoid future guests experiencing the same thing.

We are very encouraged that you enjoyed the Platinum Planet Fitness Gym - we are very proud to be able to offer this amazing facility to our guests - the state of the art gym helps to wind down after a busy day at the office.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was here Nov 2012 for 5 days and could not fault the hotel. The rooms were spotless, great in size and had everything I needed. I only ate breakfast at the hotel as was out at night for dinner, but could not fault this either, there was a great variety. Staff were extremely helpful and done more than I expected of them. I arrived at the hotel early before my check in time and they could not be any more accommodating, held my luggage and also provided me with a changing room and shower facility to freshen up until my room was available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Charlie B,

Thank you for your amazing review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It makes us proud to know you had a faultless stay & enjoyed each aspect of the hotel from the room, breakfast as well as the friendly staff we have.

Our team always go the extra mile to ensure our guests are happy and this is wonderful to know that you were well looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on your next visit to Johannesburg.

With kind regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I travel a lot for business and overall I loved the Radisson in Johannesburg - some of the good points were
- really nice rooms with spacious bathrooms and a long desk for working at
- best gym I've ever had in a hotel (probably because it's a commercial gym as well, but it's really spacious with every machine you could ever want)
- spa in the hotel was nice
- location was good for me and close to my office, but the area in general seemed very safe. The hotel also offers a shuttle to Mandela Square which I didn't get the chance to use, but is nice to have the option
- Restaurant staff were lovely and the meals we had there were very nice
- Pool area is gorgeous

Some irritating points:
- The wifi is TERRIBLE. If you only need to check emails, it's fine, but don't bank on using it for anything more.
- I would avoid getting drycleaning done here. I went out for the day and when I arrived back (8pm, 2 hours after clothes were due back) only half of my clothes were in my room. I rang housekeeping who told me that all clothes had been delivered for the day, but they would check if there was anything leftover. I heard nothing and had to call a second time where they told me they had found my clothes. Thankfully a while later they did deliver a box to my room, but it was a little strange. The following day (on the way to the office) I realised that I hadn't packed my jeans, they hadn't been brought back to my room. I had to ring the hotel again to ask them if they had them. Housekeeping did locate them and I had to detour back to the hotel to pick them up. Again, no apology and I got a very disorganised and disinterested feeling from the staff involved.

Overall, a superb hotel facilities-wise

Room Tip: I had a room on the 22nd floor and had a great view :)
Dear lapeltje,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor & for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel facilities - we pride ourselves on great facilities & friendly staff to ensure a great stay.

I see that you experienced some troubles with the staff which which I would like to apologise for & will address so that this does not happen again in the future.

I hope to see you back i Johannesburg in the near future & visiting the Radisson Blu hotel Sandton.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The best thing about the hotel was the bar, open all day, with wifi and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, always buzzing with comings and goings. Free bus to nearby places including Nelson Mandela square and sandstone convention Centre. The bathrooms are good too, modern with an enormous shower.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Nickym31,

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor.

We will make sure that your positive comments are passed onto the relevant departments. Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton in the near future.
Gibraltar
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel already several times before and decided now to review it after my last stay here end of 2012. The hotel is amongst the best one can find here in Johannesburg i believe and I thoroughly enjoyed every visit of it. The view in the lobby is breathtaking as are most rooms on the top floors. The spa and fitness center are huge and holds a large swimming pool. Dinner can be a bit of a waiting experience yet serves food of great quality. If you can catch one of the few tables near the window, your breakfast experience will double its value for sure. This hotel is a true gem here in Jo'Burg and I will always opt to stay here on any future visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear VOYVOY,

Greetings from a sunny Johannesburg! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on numerous occasions and have enjoyed your times with us.

Johannesburg is a busy city and coming back to breathtaking views of the city is one of many positives we can agree on!

I look forward to your next visit & hopefully have the chance to meet you in person.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Getting into the hotel was bit awkward based on its location on the corner. The front staff was very helpful and courteous. The room was great, cleaning was top notch, the large roomy shower was awesome. The bed was very comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the dinner was extremely good. Joburg itself nothing to write home about but the hotel is a great place to stay for a night when you first land before moving on to better locations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear purebliss1,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Your excellent comments have been communicated to the team which goes a long way in motivating the teams to continue the great work they do.

Cleanliness is a top priority in the hotel and it's wonderful to hear your feedback first hand. I am also pleased to see you experience our staff's unique Yes I Can! service on your arrival at the Concierge.

I look forward to hosting you again at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton in the near future.