The hotel is easy to find, and very close to Nelson Mandela Square, we walked over a few times. There is a few take away places right accross the road if you dont fancy eating at the hotel restaurant. We ordered breakfast to our room which was unimpressive, yet very expensive. We didnt eat at the hotel restaurant so I cant comment, but we did have coctails at the Skybar which was very tasty, and they have intersting choices on the menu, although the saturday we were there they didnt have many of the ingredients so we had to pick a different coctail 3 times before they could make it.
Our room was on the 8th floor and the view was very good, the room was spacious, and neat and the bed very comfy. We had a bath shower combo and also his and hers basins. The water pressure was a bit low in the shower and basins, I guess it is made that way to preserve water. The room was fairly soundproof and we werent bothered by noise at all. The staff were very friendly and keen to help whenever they could.
We also parked our car securely in the basement at R40 per day.
All in all it was a very comfortable stay and pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Sandton , Rivonia Road located in the heart of Gauteng's corporate, financial and shopping mecca. This cosmopolitan hotel is in close proximity to OR Tambo International Airport, and 500 metres away from the Sandton Gautrain station. Close to numerous attractions such as the Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton City Shopping Centre and Nelson Mandela Square, Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road provides the ultimate accommodation in Sandton for any business or leisure guest. Our lobby features glittering handmade chandeliers and a 10 metre long fireplace were one can relax and surf the complimentary wireless Internet available to all guests. Within the lobby is our Chairman's bar, the perfect spot to grab a hot cup of coffee and a deliciously fresh pastry before you start your day. Indulge in a full hotel continental breakfast buffet at our Lettuce & Lime Restaurant, or enjoy a delectable meal from our a la carte menu paired with a bottle from our extensive wine list. Our state of the art conferencing facilities and professional service combine to make Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road one of the most sought conference and meeting venues in Sandton. The hotel also has a 24-hour self-service Business Centre, and 7 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 200 people, including 3 conferencing rooms on the 9th floor surrounded by stunning views of the surrounding area. Our 9th floor is also the location of our famous Skye Bar and swimming pool.Our friendly staff are always welcoming and professional, working around the clock to make your Holiday Inn stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We pride ourselves in our excellent 24 hour room service menu as well as our amazing travel desk, which offers local attraction tips and sight seeing tours."Stay Appreciated" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Hotel Sandton
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Greater Johannesburg