Having just got back from SA, this was the first time I have used this particular hotel, it was not my first choice as that was booked up but this one was more than I expected. I was pleased with the stay all the same.As I was arriving early Morning (7 am) I arranged via email for a hotel pickup this was done easily and quickly and cost 430r , I had also asked for an early checkin and again this was available so is excellent rather than having to hang around for hours. I suggest becoming a member if the priority club as the benefits do work for you here (free wifi etc). I did struggle to understand the concept thou as you have to select to pay for the service and they knock it off your bill and after several visits to reception found that there is a "charge to room option on the web page" something that not everyone was aware of or offered to demonstrate. The breakfast is great and the staff were great and very attentive. It is a bit if a walk to sandton mall or you could use the hotel shuttle service but these are at fixed times . I never used the service but was there should I have been motivated. The gym is very small which is a pity as I would have used it more...there is a pool which overlooks the area I would have liked to go for a dip but it was not heated and was very cold, several people dipped their toe and then wandered off as a result. The rooms are decorated very modernly and clean the only issue I could find was a large stain on the ceiling (about 4 feet long)you couldnt miss it as was visable as soon as you opened your eyes from the bed which is a pity as it only needed a splash of white paint (room 840).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Sandton , Rivonia Road located in the heart of Gauteng's corporate, financial and shopping mecca. This cosmopolitan hotel is in close proximity to OR Tambo International Airport, and 500 metres away from the Sandton Gautrain station. Close to numerous attractions such as the Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton City Shopping Centre and Nelson Mandela Square, Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road provides the ultimate accommodation in Sandton for any business or leisure guest. Our lobby features glittering handmade chandeliers and a 10 metre long fireplace were one can relax and surf the complimentary wireless Internet available to all guests. Within the lobby is our Chairman's bar, the perfect spot to grab a hot cup of coffee and a deliciously fresh pastry before you start your day. Indulge in a full hotel continental breakfast buffet at our Lettuce & Lime Restaurant, or enjoy a delectable meal from our a la carte menu paired with a bottle from our extensive wine list. Our state of the art conferencing facilities and professional service combine to make Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road one of the most sought conference and meeting venues in Sandton. The hotel also has a 24-hour self-service Business Centre, and 7 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 200 people, including 3 conferencing rooms on the 9th floor surrounded by stunning views of the surrounding area. Our 9th floor is also the location of our famous Skye Bar and swimming pool.Our friendly staff are always welcoming and professional, working around the clock to make your Holiday Inn stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We pride ourselves in our excellent 24 hour room service menu as well as our amazing travel desk, which offers local attraction tips and sight seeing tours."Stay Appreciated" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Hotel Sandton
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Greater Johannesburg