“Spot on”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I ate in here virtually every night I was in Sandton, as the food was very good and the extensive menu meant there was plenty of choice too. Would recommend for sure.

Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear ‘Paul B’.
Your kind words on ‘tripadvisor’ are much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to do so.
We look forward to your future patronage.
Jörg Zwinscher & TEAM

There are newer reviews for The Bull Run Restaurant

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The restaurant is very nice in a good location, close to the Sandton shopping mall. I enjoyed some grilled Mozambique prawns that were very good. I'm looking forward to going back to try other things on the menu.

Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear ‘Plog60’.
Your comments on ‘tripadvisor’ are much appreciated. How wonderful to know that you are of the many patrons that find our location to be of an advantage. Yes, our prawns our simply mouth-watering; but so are many other meal options on our menu. We are convinced that you will find them to be just has delicious. We look forward to your future patronage.
Jörg Zwinscher & TEAM

Reviewed May 4, 2014

When we stay in Joburg we stay at the Balalaika. Its a sort of homecoming as is the bull run (next to balalaika). Good menu, expert staff at reasonable prices. Cheese platter ( with port) to die for. Recommended.

Dear ‘BerrieW’.
Thank you for writing your kind words on ‘tripadvisor’. We are very pleased to read that you feel a sense of ‘homecoming’ when staying at the Balalaika and when dining with us. Thank you for your praise about our STAFF & food.
We look forward in welcoming you back ‘home’ again soon and look forward in spoiling you.
Jὄrg Zwinscher & TEAM

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I love the ambiance, and the food is wonderful. I usually order the Avacado-Biltong Salad and it is divine! But, so are the ribs, the steaks, the kingclip, the escargot, the carpaccio...and the cheese platter with a glass of South African port is nirvana!

Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear ‘Katie N’
Your kind words on ‘tripadvisor’ are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to do so. How wonderful that you enjoyed your all round dining experience (again).
We look forward to your future patronage and thank you for your loyality.
Jὄrg Zwinscher & TEAM

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The atmoshpere is trendy but like what I found in most restaurants very noisy . Certainly not ideal for a business dinner or romantic evening. The menu is very extensive. You can definitely find something to eat whether a meat lover or vegan. I ordered mussels it was pretty ok but my lamb was over cooked so much so it was tough. The other reports on my table were pretty complementary so I may have just ordered wrong.