“perfect food ,perfect waiter”

The Bull Run Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 225 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Gaborone, Botswana
“perfect food ,perfect waiter”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The meal was wow!!!!!!.We enjoyed the service and the meal as well. My boys were so happy .Everything was perfect!

Visited July 2013
Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear ‘Nbazz’.
How wonderful to read your praise about your dining experience on ‘tripadvisor’. Thank you for taking the time to do so. We are delighted that you had a 'WOW' experience. We look forward to your future patronage.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Bath
“Outstanding value for good quality meat”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I do love a good steak and this place has fantastic steaks at unbelievably good prices (well, to a Brit anyway). be warned, if, like me, you are not used to buying your meat by weight, 320 grams is big (unless you're from Texas that is). I had the Pepper steak one night and the fillet the next and they were both outstanding as were the grilled vegetables. They also have a great wine list and a glass of Fat ******** seemed the perfect accompaniment to a big steak! My steaks set me back about £10 each!!! They could do with a nicer set of condiments to make it feel a little classier..I think a good steak deserves better than a standard Colemans smooth Dijon mustard!

• Visited June 2013
Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear ‘NeilRBBath’
Your feedback on ‘tripadvisor’ is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to do so. We are glad you had a fantastic steak and that they are well priced.
We look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Doha, Qatar
“Steaks & chops are the best eat here”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We came as a part of a group here for dinner. Although the menu is quite extensive it doesn't describe the cuts & preparation for 1st timers, so a lot of our friends were confused what to order which will be the best.
The service is slow & laid back so if you are in a hurry you cannot eat here.
The steak were cooked as per our liking & to perfection too. Complimentary wine was average (but hey it's complimentary so I ain't complaining)
All the restaurant staff is very friendly & the manager came to check at our table if everything was ok.
Its a good priced restaurant where you can eat a hearty meal.
Will definitely go there again when my stomach craves for some juicy medium-rare rib eye.
Bill for 2 people on an average is around R450-490.

• Visited June 2013
Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear ‘Zareen 15’
Thank you for taking the time to write on ‘tripadvisor’. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed a hearty meal and that The Bull Run is a ‘good priced Restaurant’.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bull Run

Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Returned to the Bull Run based on previous positive experience of dining there. This time there were just 2 of us dining ( rather than the large groups on my previous visits), so expectations were higher than normal. Overall the evening was a bit of a dissappointing experience. All the basics were in place, buzzing atmosphere, clean linen tablecloths and napkins, nicely laid table and welcoming, friendly and smiling waitress - so far so good. So where did it start to slide? Our order of ostrich steaks appeared almost instantaneously (I gather it cooks quickly but this order was literally on the table in the time it took the waitress to walk to the kitchen and back!), suspicions aside we tucked in. My other half's 3 medallions (medium cooked) were very good, however one of my three (medium/well) was distinctly chewy and had to be left on the side of the plate. Our waitress did the usual "how is your meal?" and I replied lovely except one of my steaks was not really edible. She smilies and moved off - not the response I would have expected. I mentioned the issue again when she collected the plates and again it was ignored. Plates glasses etc were cleared from the table the second they were empty (that quickly we were still chewing the last mouthful).
Overall, the food was good (one dodgy steak aside) but the service not quite up to scatch, a complete failure to acknowledge or rectify a problem with the food, and although the service was friendly we felt rushed out of the place.
On leaving the Resturant I spoke to one of the duty managers and expressed my disappointment, he apologised and said he would look into the issues. Will most likely try somewhere else next time I'm in J'burg.

Visited June 2013
Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Steve
Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience on ‘Tripadvisor’. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and constructive
Your opinion of the standards of our establishment do differ quite substantially from our own and our many other satisfied guests, however we are concerned about your remarks regarding the rushed service and efficiency of our kitchen.
We thank you for your feedback and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Bull Run again.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“More crawl than run”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good Grief. I very very seldom write reviews that are not entirely complimentary. But this place, I am afraid, deserves nil points in the Falcoflyer's view. Pleasant enough from the point of view that it is obviously supposed to be a fairly "up market" restaurant, but then it all went desperately downhill. What is particulately sad is the following:
1. The staff really tried very hard but were - well - not terribly good. They had absolutely no idea who had ordered what.
2. The food was actually ok, not brilliant but ok.
3. Loos, tables, etc, - overall , very clean.
4. Good value.

So what went so horribly wrong?....the staff, bless them, really tried, but to be honest, (and this is where I think I should perhaps stop writing this review as I understand it is extremely difficult to get work of any kind in South Africa) they seemed to have no idea what on earth was going on. In just our party of six, they didn't seem to know who'd ordered what, food came at different times... it was rather like having the Boy Scouts acting as waiters. The food itself was pretty good, perhaps even very good....just. However, to ameliorate my comments, my colleagues behaviour left a lot to be desired as they were excessively rude to the staff, which in my view was totally unacceptable. So, I will definitely give it another go, as I am not convinced that all my criticisms are entirely fair. Do please try it yourself and get back to me! The staff were v v friendly and equally polite. It's just.....well I don't know, .... I can't really put my finger on it, but there's something not quite right about the service, the ambience, and the way it's run. However, our company use this restaurant a great deal, and many colleagues rate it very highly - so perhaps they were just having a bad night. But this is based on my experience; I probably wouldn't personally go back.

• Visited June 2013
Jörg Z, Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear ‘Falcoflyer’.

In response to your less than pleasing review about us, may we say the following: We registered with ‘tripadvisor’ to see what people are saying about us and to use their criticism constructively. Unfortunately there is nothing really to work with in your review, as you just mention the food being(ok ,not brilliant but ok )and then again (perhaps even very good)WHY was the food not brilliant ? WHAT did you have and HOW would you have suggested that we improve your meal? With regards to service, WHY was It not terrible good? HOW could we have improved your experience at the Bull Run?
We encourage our patrons to talk to us personally in order to cultivate customer relations and ensure a positive experience every single time. Having said that, may we thank you for mentioning that value for money is good.
We are sorry to hear that you will not return.