“Pleasant family restaurant”

Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Roodepoort
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I celebrated my birthday at Tres Jolie and the staff were very accommodating.
There were tons of outdoor activities for the children and the meals were divine.
A really enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

2  Thank JanineC

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went to a wedding at this venue and it's okay. I had a really difficult time navigating the footpaths between the wedding chapel and the dining hall because the stone slabs and paving is actually very very dangerous with wides gaps in between the paving. Yes, I did have "killer" heels on but that's what we(ladies) wear when we dress up and besides even a medium/low shoe heel would have been a challenge.I had to walk extremly slowly and carefully to avoid an ankle sprain or injury. The other truth is that a few ladies had actually taken their heels off and chose to walk barefoot - not great!. The menu was buffet and really not good, the chicken was overcooked resulting in a stiff piece of meat, the meatballs were stiff, the portuguese tarts were burnt and dry and even the roast potatoes were hard and dry but, the grilled line fish was really delicious.The dessert lemon cake was too tangy for my tatse buds, however my husband did enjoy the brandy cake dessert. Our waitress delivered different rounds of drinks to our table but managed to forget my request for water and fresh lemon 3 times. The wedding chapel is really lovely.The dining hall was "beautifully " done and the table setting was excellent, nice space, clean venue, the ablution facilities are unisex.

2  Thank Lucrecia1511
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My dad turned 82 and the family took him there to spent time,etc. we were a big group and the service was very good. the food was exactly what we ordered, the drinks well managed and everyone had a good time.

1  Thank Herman S
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter chose this venue for my grandson's second birthday but we could not be there (living in France). So, on our recent visit, she took us there for Sunday lunch. What a great place for families. So much for kids to do and my grandson again took advantage of most of it, feeding the animals, scooting about on a bike, going on the bouncy castles and having three pony rides. The food was good quality and the service friendly and helpful. We look forward to going there again when we are next able to visit South Africa.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was introduced to Tres Jolie when our company celebrated our annual family fun day and was truly amazed by the place, it is a great venue for fuctions from corporate to kids parties, they have pony rides and a little petting farm and cater for each person's needs separtely and with great urgency, I would definately go back, but to celebrate my daughter's birthday party next time

1  Thank Cindy-Lee M