“A great escape and experience compared to typical business hotels”

Afrique Boutique Hotel Ruimsig
Ranked #1 of 27 Roodepoort B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am a regular business traveler using higher end business hotels throughout South Africa. I was attracted to try this hotel after reading other Trip Advisor reviews and I found it really did live up to the 5 star reviews. The rooms are very comfortable with the King size plus sized bed with all the usual features one expects in this high end hotel. What makes this place stand out is the level of personal attention. The food is excellent and my only complaint is 'there is too much' and if I stayed too long - my waistline would increase!.
It's set in a quiet and picturesque environment - perfect for winding down after a busy day and the ability to eat dinner in the evenings means I could relax and not have to drive out. I've already booked to stay again and will definitely use this home from home hotel regularly in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sue K
There are newer reviews for Afrique Boutique Hotel Ruimsig

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have attended a two-day business conference there, and can recommend this venue to anyone! The venue offers exceptional service, the food is to die for and the location is incomparable! You are treated like royalty!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Louise E
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Having just spent a week at the hotel, I must say its not like staying in a hotel!
It's personnel touch and service, makes you feel that your relaxing in your own villa.
Everything from the rooms to the outside areas, are kept to the highest standards.
No such thing as menus that this establishment, if you want something in particular. They will go out and buy it fresh and cook whatever you want, no restrictions other than your imagination. But if that's not your thing the staff will always suggest some wonderful options.
The rooms are of the highest standards, large and tastefully decorated.
As to the staff, I can only praise everyone of them for their tireless effort and commitment to make your stay as perfect as possible.
Big thanks to Carl. Josh and Duwane for making sure our travel plans whilst there on time and with the very best drivers!!
But no stay would be complete without the tireless efforts of Ramone and Jackson.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Darrenshaw65
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently during a business trip I had the wonderful experience of staying at Afrique Boutique. Hidden away in the beautiful suburb Ruimsig, it is close enough to the big city to keep you focused on business, but on the other hand far away to make you feel like you are in stunning countryside. Perfect if you have to work in both Pretoria and Johannesburg as it is situated close to main highways.

Unfortunately I arrived late and had to leave early. I would have loved to spend some time next to the pool or just chill out on the lush green grass. I felt like the president when I arrived and was promptly escorted to a large luxury suite with a magnificent (after a long day on planes and cars!) freestanding bath. I am sure I was upgraded because this room looked more like the presidential suite than a standard room. Large bed with plush linen and stunning views from the small balcony. I felt even more special the next morning when attentive staff brought the most delicious breakfast! It is always an effort to leave Cape Town for business in Johannesburg, but if I stay here again – it will be much easier! Truly a home away from home!
PS; I have traveled a lot during my lifetime, but this personal touch I have never seen. A beautiful little flower in the toilet!

Room Tip: Hope you get upgraded!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank moniquestrydom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent service, wonderful place, great hospitality. We spent only one night but we wished to stay longer if we had the time. We searched for a relaxed weekend, outside the hectic Jo'burg and we found this wonderful former estate house with few rooms. The staff was very friendly and attentive to all our needs, excellent service and hospitality. They gave us a real treat. Congratulations! This is distintive for your hotel, that makes it unique and special. We got a very spacious room with a balcony and nicely decorated. I loved the bathtub in the middle of the room!We will definetely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We booked an executive double room with a balcony. Very big room, nicely decorated. Perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I and our daughter recently stayed at The Afrique Boutique Hotel in Ruimsig for 11 days.
This boutique hotel is absolutely stunning. From the moment you enter you have a feeling of calm. The hotel has a wooden deck patio that seems to stretch for miles and makes a great place to watch wonderful sunsets. This is the place to come and relax and forget the stress of modern day living. We stayed in one of the executive suites which was spacious and included a private balcony. The hotel also has a small wine cellar which we made use of. They have 24 hour on call service so if you have the need for a coffee or snacks at any time of the day or night your wish will be provided.
The Afrique is like a home from home with the added benefit of outstanding service. In fact the hotel manager Josh, insists that you make the hotel your home during your stay.
I have stayed at many hotels throughout the world and have never come across service excellence as provided by Afrique.
During our stay we went to a local restaurant in the area for Sunday lunch and were extremely disappointed by the food and service on offer and subsequently left the restaurant.
On our return to Afrique we were met by Dwayne, on explaining our position he immediately offered to prepare a meal for us. On the off chance I asked if he could prepare prawns; without missing a beat he answered in the affirmative and explained he would need to source them as he didn’t have any on the premises. We later learned that the owner of the hotel Johan went and sourced the prawns and thanks to their thoughtfulness we enjoyed a wonderful meal. There are numerous other instances of service excellence.
Thank you to Johan, Josh, Dwayne, Jackson and all the amazing staff for making our stay at the Afrique so fantastic. Whenever I visit Gauteng there is only one place I will stay and that is at the Afrique Hotel in Ruimsig.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank garygarson
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I spent three weeks at the Afrique on a work trip. The host Johan and Nafiska (sp) and their staff Josh, Dwayne, Jackson and Ramone make it feel like your at home. Great food, welcome atmosphere and realxed style make your stay an easy one. The deck a is a great place to relax and watch world pass by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TFEccles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roodepoort
Protea Hotel Roodepoort
#1 of 7 in Roodepoort
Eagles View Guest House
Eagles View Guest House
#4 of 27 in Roodepoort

Been to Afrique Boutique Hotel Ruimsig? Share your experiences!