“very pleasant experience”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Rivonia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I went there with a friend about 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. Nice decor, big terrace overwieing Rivonia road and good vibe. Excellent service, very good food (I loved their dumpplings and their sizzling plate). I asked my husband to brought me back there again for Valentine's day.

1  Thank smith l

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We enjoy experiencing different cultures. If you like small bowls of different sauces and bits of this and bits of that to dip in here and there, then you could find it exciting. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, I would do it again - but we did stop by MacDonalds on the way home.

1  Thank WarriorBunny
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Food and experience is absolutely worth going!! Full experience of vietnamese food at its best! Bringing home the vietnamese food experience!
I'll go back again and again!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Saigon restaurant is in Rivonia, Johannesburg, about 1km/ 0.6 miles off the freeway.
I went there for a business lunch about a week ago.
It had been over a year since I had gone there before and remembered it as a great restaurant with fantastic food and a great vibe.
This time, it was virtually empty, the food was very average and although the waiter was good and attentive the whole atmosphere was simply non existent.
I did have a slight problem with the cost of one meal and asked the waiter to call the manager as I wanted to speak to him about it.
The waiter returned after a few minutes and said the manager said "he was to busy to talk to me and anyway that was the price so just pay it"
As I stated the restaurant had maybe another 10 guests at the time.
I paid and we walked out, never to return.

1  Thank Clive V
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I visited the restaurant in June 2013. The sushi was fresh. I had ordered seafood hot plate hoping to be a special experience. It was disappointing in that the actual seafood was very small, perhaps a spoon and a half. Inside there is not a thing that is outstanding, starting with the staff, decor and ambience.